Author, Ghostwriter, Business Writer, Journalist, Editor, Blogger
Professional writer with more than 25 years of experience
Proven author and ghostwriter
Proven business and marketing writer
Freelance Professional - ongoing
Author, Journalist, Web Content Writer, Marketing/PR writer
• Non-Fiction Books: Authored, co-authored or served as a ghostwriter on more than 60 published non-fiction books for publishing houses including; Crown, New American Library, St. Martin’s Press, Adams Media, Entrepreneur Press and for companies such as Disney and L’Oreal Cosmetics. Subjects include: business, investing, theater, entertainment, memoirs and health.
• Web: Wrote web content, including features, news items and back end materials for websites such as; Powertolearn.com (owned by Cablevision), GEN.com, Entrepreneur.com, AllBusiness.com and others.
• Marketing: Wrote brochures, features, newsletters, PR material and sales support material for AXA-Equitable, Heath Advocate, Corcell Medical, several small businesses and non-profits such as the Adoptive Parents Committee.
• Blogging: Wrote weekly blog on trends in banking, fiancé, retail and the credit industry. Also served as ghost blogger for AMEX Open Forum on business and technology topics.
• Print: Wrote feature articles, round-ups, profiles and advertorials for various national and local, weekly/monthly magazines including; The Hollywood Reporter, Hemispheres (in-flight), Continental (in-flight), Variety, Weight Watchers, Playbill, Fit, Movie Times, Westchester Magazine and others.
• Television / Radio: Writer for the Rosie O’Donnell Show, and USA Up All Night (on the USA Network). Also served as a radio writer/ producer at WNBC and WYNY in New York City.
AXA Equitable - 2009-2011
Professional Marketing Writer / Copywriter
• Researched and prepared marketing materials for retirement products including variable annuities.
• Wrote marketing brochures, white papers, e-letters and fliers
• Pitched and developed new marketing and promotional ideas
• AXA saw a 7% increase in sales with marketing materials that I developed
Sites.com - 1999-2003
Content Director Senior Content Director/Senior Writer-editor
• Managed the content development of the sites.com website, including overseeing freelancers and assigning/editing stories
• Developed categories of websites for review.
• Wrote, edited and assigned individual site reviews for both the sites.com website and the accompanying guidebook
• Creating a multi-level marketing campaign for the book and web site
• Assisted in budgeting and billing of projects
• Wrote and edited content for real estate and relocation website
• Established research guidelines for content division
• Handled all areas of online production for new content division
• Assisted in marketing of new content areas of development
Other Previous Work Experience:
Warner Publishing: Editor
WNBC / WYNY, NYC: Radio Producer/Writer/Researcher
Education: Queens College: BA, Communications/Journalism – Flushing, Queens, New York
New School of Social Research: MA, Psychology, 1989– Manhattan, N.Y.