Elisa J. Chessen
425 Village Green, Unit 414 | Lincolnshire, IL 60069
847-321-1907 | firstname.lastname@example.org
SENIOR LEVEL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROFESSIONAL
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT ? MARKET EXPANSION ? MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR REVENUE GROWTH
? Dynamic, high-energy and results-driven Sales and Business Development Professional with a demonstrated track record of leading strategic client relationship management, revenue development and exceptional sales growth for high profile leaders in the metals, technical and healthcare industries.
? Top producing sales leader with a recognized ability to delivery multi-million dollar sales growth, channel development and brand imaging strategies to deliver year over year revenue growth despite a challenging economic climate.
? Influential communicator and incomparable closer with the ability to gain the trust, cooperation and commitment of key decision makers within the industrial, commercial and manufacturing sectors to build solid market growth.
? ? ? EXECUTIVE SALES MANAGEMENT QUALITIES ? ? ?
Commercial/Industrial Sales Strategies
Foster Long-Term Client Loyalty
C-Level Client Relations
Drive New Territory Expansion/Growth
Develop Quotes/Customized Proposals
Strategic Planning and Execution
Identify/Capitalize on Emerging Markets
Define ROI and Value Add Strategies
Source and Secure Exotic Metals Products
Reenergize Business Focus and Goals
Identify and Influence Key Decision Makers
2013 to Present: Kraft Chemical Company, Melrose Park, IL
Senior Account Executive
Achieve sales and profitability objectives from multiple key accounts in the Midwest Region of this raw material distributor of various chemicals selling to industries including pharmaceutical, industrial and food and beverage. Aggressively drive new business development and maximize existing account performance through proven client engagement/relationship building strategies. Source vendors and products and keep abreast of new market trends and developments.
Also helped and created various marketing strategies and new compensation program for the Account executives.
– Quickly acclimated to new role and captured $1.6MM net new business within seven months.
– Promoted to Industry specialist for personal care, cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries; based on demonstrated aptitude for related business development strategies.
– Instrumental contributor to improved marketing and compensation plans for all account executives.
2011 to 2013: Tri-State Metal Company, Chicago, IL
- Vice President, Sales and Marketing
Led strategic marketing, sales management and client relationship development for this full-service scrap metal recycling company with over $50MM in annual revenue. Revitalized business processes including marketing, brand development and outreach strategies to expand market footprint and capture new business opportunities.
– Grew market development across Midwest region to foster new business relationships; made significant inroads into high-temperature alloy markets to drive incremental revenue growth.
– Championed the development of formalized marketing and advertising campaigns including traditional and integrated marketing to drive company branding.
– Increased overall visibility in the marketplace and brought cohesion to all marketing materials, sales and bidding processes to streamline sales practices.
– Led aggressive cold-calling and networking with new and existing clients to quickly deliver over $500K in new revenue; analyzed competitive activity, adjusted pricing strategies and undercut competitive threat to secure lucrative scrap processing agreements.
Elisa J. Chessen - PAGE 2
– Developed formalized sales forecasting models, built follow-up strategies to capitalize on national account business and created targeted customer support programs to ensure customer satisfaction and near perfect account retention.
– Negotiated vendor contracts, spot pricing and delivery agreements with a focus on optimized profitability results.
2005 to 2011: Midwest Industrial Metals Corp., Chicago, IL
Sales Executive/Commodity Manager
Ranked as a top producer with over $4MM in annual sales revenue; built long-term client relationships with Fortune 500 clients to establish reputation as a premier full service scrap metal recycling company within the Midwest region. Throughout tenure, gained additional and increasing levels of responsibility within the organization including new staff development, industry research, high-level account management and new market/division expansion.
– Grew account base from 0 to 280+ with the purchase of over $4MM of scrap metals annually; created a solid supplier and channel partnership network to include fabricators, stamping, tool and die, heat treating and steel processing accounts.
– Led intensive forecasting, research of raw materials and development of accounts for ferrous and non ferrous scrap metals; established long-term client partnerships and generated hundreds of thousands of dollars in savings through tenacious negotiations and cost containment practices.
– Identified, researched and maintained insight into competitive activity and developed customized presentations and proposals to showcase differentiation, ROI and value-added solutions in a highly competitive and crowded market.
– Created and launched standardized account review, account planning and goal setting activities to maintain consistent growth and introduced new customized recycling programs as per customer specifications to create deeper client relationships.
– Championed development of improved on-boarding, training and performance management programs to optimize performance for new sales staff.
– Personally coached, mentored and educated teams on industry trends, sales solutions and client engagement tactics to build a highly successful, aggressive and cohesive team.
– Maintained high levels of quality control, customer service and back-end account support initiatives to maintain exceptional client retention.
2003 to 2005: Server Connection Inc., Chicago, IL
Director of Business Development
Drove sales, client relationship development and market penetration for this advanced reseller of eBusiness security, messaging content control and connectivity solutions across small, medium and enterprise level sectors. Leveraged deep understanding of Fortune 500 client management to capture over $2.3MM in incremental revenue growth.
– Collaborated with VAR’s and channel partners including IBM and Decision One Corporation to identify and pursue new business opportunities; conducted account assessments, leveraged a solutions-based sales approach and became a true business partner to clients in need of emerging technology solutions.
IBM, Chicago, IL: Began tenure in role as a Service Business Manager in the Printing Systems Division and achieved subsequent promotion to Senior Account Manager, Global Services. Delivered $15MM in annual revenue through the sales of maintenance support services within the Fortune 1000 sector. Ranked as #1 sales producer, company-wide for 2 consecutive years.
Healthstar, Lincolnwood, IL – Senior Sales Executive
? ? ? EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT ? ? ?
Oakton Community College, Des Plaines, IL—Business Administration Courses
IBM Solution Selling: Strategic Selling, IBM Professional Sales a