57 Red Robin Way, Toronto, ON M2R 3K6 ? (416) 877-3807
email@example.com ? Portfolio: www.dimitriihill.com
Stage and Costume Designer/Art-Director
20 years of professional experience in Design, Layout, Printing, Marketing, Creation of Costumes, Decorations, Makeup, Props. Advanced knowledge of Production Design and Art Direction. Expertise in setting the mood and evoking emotion with colour, decorations, props, light. Solid experience in stage make-up. Experience in screenwriting for theatre or cinema.
Enjoy working with and meeting new people. Able to work with minimum or no supervision, and as a conscientious team member. Work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Exceptionally responsible, diligent and thorough. Highly organized with attention to detail. Fluent in English and Russian.
SELECTED ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
• Art-directed over 100 theatrical and TV/film productions as a Stage and Costume Designer
• Acted as a Costume Designer in The Great Famine by Austin Hoyt (link)
• Won over 50 awards for art-directing theater and movie performances
• Over 20 solo and group exhibitions
• Nominated as The Best Artist in Russia in 2012, received The Golden Harlequin award
• Won 3 nominations as The Best Artist in the Theater of Nations festival
• Studying scripts and discussing ideas with the director
• Communicating your ideas to costume, make-up, props and lighting designers
• Overcoming any logistical problems, such as lighting or complex scene changes
• Researching the right historical, contemporary or futuristic details for the production
• Creating effective designs within the available budget
• Sketching design ideas to produce a ‘storyboard’, showing what the sets will look like scene by scene
• Using computer-aided design (CAD) packages
• Building and photographing scale models
• Estimating costs and preparing a production schedule
• Overseeing set building and decoration
• Making any adjustments needed during rehearsals.