89-5A Winding wood Dr. • Sayreville, NJ 08872
201-233-4769 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced accounting management professional with proven success in media, telecommunications, and retail industries. Background in internal auditing. Well-versed in Oracle & JD Edwards and Great plains Microsoft software programs. Demonstrated skills preparing monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports. Expertise in budgets and forecasts. Knowledgeable in overseeing staff.
All STATE INSURANCE AGENCY •Feb. 2013 - Current.
Sr .Accountant /Sales / certified insurance license by State of new jersey
• Keep track and process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
• Perform day to day financial transactions including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivable data
• Prepare and send out bills, invoices and bank deposits
• Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients’ billing issues
• Issue invoices to customers
• Monthly reconciliation of client accounts
• Develop and maintain key A/R and cash collection metrics
PACH ENERGY LLC •March 2013- December 2013
• Supports budget and forecasting activities
• A/P, Supplier Reconciliation, Paying checks to venders.
• Reviewed outgoing Suppler invoices
• Prepare and record monthly accounting expense entries.
• Bank reconciliation.
• Hands on management of the G/L monthly close (accruals, analysis - actual vs. plan/forecast)
• Review and approved account reconciliation
• Assists with performance management processes (e.g., goal setting, performance evaluation, etc.); completes performance evaluations for assigned staff
• Identifies reporting gaps and develop reports as needed
FUTURE MEDIA AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS • March 2012- Jan 2013
• Obtained and maintained a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
• Hands on management of the G/L monthly close (accruals, analysis - actual vs. plan/forecast).
• Work jointly with the Controller to ensure accuracy of financial reports and explanations.
• Accountable for the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
• Perform monthly and quarterly bank compliance activities.
• Prepare and record monthly accounting expense entries for each functional department..
• Liaises with other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
• Prepare balance sheet reconciliations & analyses.
• Responds to inquiries from the director of finance, controller, and other finance and company managers about financial results, and special reporting requests.
• Work with controller to ensure proper year-end audits.
• Help develop and implement new accounting systems and features.
• Successfully implemented new Microsoft Great plains accounting system.
PUBLICIS GROUP (STARCOM - ZENITH MEDIA) • May 2008-Feb 2012
• Managed and reconciled client account receivables and supervise accounts payable section.
• Reviewed outgoing client invoices with attached approved media plan and purchase orders.
• Supervise the billing staff Coordination of the Billing Team's workflow
• Prepared monthly client aging and monthly billing and revenue reports.
• Oversaw credit control team to ensure billings to clients.
• Reviewed and signed check and expense payments.
• Ensured accounts payable team properly entered supplier invoices and recorded payments
• Accountable for team working on monthly supplier reconciliations, Reviewed all general ledger accounts and supplier reconciliations.
AZADEA HOLDING COMPANY • Sep 2007- April 2008
• Charged with controlling, accounting, and depositing of daily cash income generated from sales.
• Updated and analyzed daily shop sales, Validated sales amounts with amounts deposited.
• Controlled daily shop sales and insured all sales equaled cash and cash equivalent inflows.
• Recorded and controlled receivables generated from credit-based sales.
• Reconciled supplier accounts and Prepared schedule of foreseen payments according to local and foreign supplier contracts.
• Received payments from company debtors and Handled bank reconciliations and intercompany accounts.
• Updated budgets prepared by the projects department.
• Prepared data and arranged documents for journal entries.
• All above transaction going through ORACLE system
KHARAFI NATIONAL •Aug? 2004 - Sep 2007
• Reviewed, reconciled, and approved supplier invoices.
• summarized contracts of subcontracts received from project control management, and received invoices and recorded accounts payable entries into main accounting system.
• Ensured subcontractors properly insured labor and made valid performance guarantee bonds.
• Prepared and accounted for payment vouchers and ensured proper allocation to various cost centers.
• Reviewed and analyzed subcontractor accounts monthly.
• Verified original material receipt vouchers matched invoices and purchase orders.
• Prepared credit and debit notes , Identified payments due to suppliers and Prepared payment applications and generated journal vouchers.
• All above transaction going through JD Edwards system
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
BSC Degree: Accounting
Faculty of Commerce, Alexandria University.
Financial Accounting, AUC, American University.