Patricia van Wijk
London, EC1V 4NG • +44 74 37 378 612
firstname.lastname@example.org • Nationality: Dutch • Age: 22
Enthusiastic, very open minded, outgoing and eager to learn. Driven when working in a team and doing individual tasks, taking my roll very serious. Experience in public service interpreting, text translation, text editing, sales and public relationships. Likely to take the initiative before the need of being demanded. I possess valuable human nature judgment, critical insight and social skills. Interested in achieving competent work experience. Good communication skills –in various languages-, strength in adapting behavior to situation and in solving problems by being practical and pragmatic.
BA (Hons) in English Studies at the University of Alicante (Spain) 2011-2014
Acquired qualifications (246 UK credits) in Spanish, German, English, literature of the Spanish speaking countries and English literature, general and applied linguistics, pragmatics, English phonetics.
GCSE A-level at I.E.S Sol de Portocarrero (Spain) 2009-2011
Physics [C], Math [B] and Technical Drawing [A]
Text translator/interpreter (freelance 2010-2014)
• Translation of juridical documents and translation/production of non-juridical texts involved at P&M Legal Assessor. Ciudad Quesada, Spain (Languages: Spanish, Dutch and English)
Interpreter and hostess (part-time 2012-2013)
Tandem Organiza. Valencia, Spain.
• Receiving guests, support in organizing events like business meetings, interacting and interpreting, inform guests about the event.
Product promoter in multilingual environment (part-time 2011-2012)
Beneoliva. Benejúzar, Spain.
• Product promoter and sale at delicatessen events
English language teacher
• Instructor of the English language at level B1 (CEF) of high school students as additional schooling and practicing
• One-to-one English instructor as preparatory practice for IELTS examination
Spanish language teacher
• Instructor of the Spanish language at level A1 (CEF) of foreign primary school pupils as additional schooling and language support for other subjects
Advanced level in several languages: Dutch (first language), Spanish (second language), English (C1.2) and German (B1).