James Thomas Kulig
An adaptable wordsmith seeking a full time position where my skills can be utilized and enhanced.
Southern Oregon University, B.A. English and Writing, Graduated Spring 2011
St. Mary’s High School, Graduated Spring 2005
McLellan Creative Writing Team, Project Manager, January 2013 - September 2014
* Managed projects for top technology company’s launch campaigns, and asset development
* End-to-end completion of written assets including white papers, case studies, thought? leadership, web copy, etc.
* Conducted interviews with marketing and engineering personnel, as well as third party end-users.
* Writer, editor, collaborator in a team-based work environment.
* Production calendar management.
Reference: Robert McLellan, President
CDS Publications, Digital Print Press Operator, August 2011-December 2012, Seasonal *Responsible for operating and maintaining a $1.0 million dollar Hewlett Packard printer
*Met fast-paced, demanding schedule.
*Performed quality control work.
Reference: Henry Anderson, Senior Graphics Technician
Municipal Solid Wastewater Trade Journal, Freelance Writer, Published (see link below) HYPERLINK "http://digital.mswmanagement.com/publication/?i=103500&p=&pn="http://digital.mswmanagement.com/publication/?i=103500&p=&pn=
* Researched the business of recyclable exports to China.
* Journalistic writing work requiring interviewing, editing, graphic application.
* Wrote and edited an article, “American Recycling: Exporting Our Way to a Greener Tomorrow?”
Reference: Chace Anderson, Senior Editor
District 5 Phoenix Fire Department, Grant Writer, January 2010-March 2010
*Set up and coordinated meetings with the Fire Department to determine their needs.
*Researched potential grants available and developed a strategy to win those grants.
*Wrote and edited a $10,000 grant proposal to be used for volunteer firefighters in regards to their continued education in fire science.
Reference: Jim Marshall, Fire Chief
Southern Oregon University, Marketing Intern, September 2009-December 2009
*Designed and maintained an official university blog aimed at current and potential SOU students.
*Used writing skills to effectively communicate the benefits of SOU and the surrounding community.
*Edited work effectively to university standards and expectations.
Reference: Jim Beaver, President of Marketing Department
Content Strategy?Freelance Writing?Web Content?Content Development?Speech Writing?Corporate Communications?Project Management?Storytelling?Creative Writing?Publications?Copy Editing?Content Management?Team Leadership?B2B Marketing?Marketing?Press Releases?Newsletters?Research?Email Marketing