I am passionate about managing and analyzing software applications for companies. I am trained and experienced in managing the development to production lifecycles of agile, cloud-based applications, using various problem solving techniques to resolve simple to complex issues, analyzing user experiences, interfacing between development and the user, and managing projects.
• Bachelors of Business Administration
• 13 years Application Specialist experience
• 13 years Custom to COTS experience
• 13 years Promotion Lifecycle Management experience
• 8 years Project Management experience
• Proficient with MS Office Suite including MS Project and Visio
• Lead total life cycle of multiple development projects
• CSS, HTML, MS SQL
• Microsoft 2013 Suite: Outlook Exchange, Lync, Word, Excel, Project, Access, Power Point, Publisher, Visio, SQL Server Management Studio, RDP
• Database: MS Access, MS SQL Server 2000-2012
• Media: Camtasia 8, Vegas Pro 12.0
• Report Writers: Logi Analytics, Actuate
• Source Control: SourceGear Vault
• Server platforms: IIS (Internet Information Services)
• FTP: FileZilla
• Process Improvement, Business Process, Business Process Improvement, Training, Management Consulting, Project Planning, Customer Service, Quality Assurance, Program Management, Project Management, Requirements Analysis
. Change Management, Testing, Customer Insight.
Corrective Action, Assessments, Observations, Management of Change (MOC), Process Safety, Environmental Reviews
September 2012 – October 2014 Customer Support Manager, MetaPower
• My responsibilities included managing and overseeing the Customer Support department which consisted of managing promotions for customized and “as-is” (or COTS) web-based applications and acting as the voice of the customer in product development. As a team, we designed and implemented training segments (online and classroom) for the clients. This position reported directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
January 2011 - September 2012 Configuration Manager / Customer Support Manager, MetaPower
• My responsibilities included the design, development, and construction of upgrades and new capabilities for web-based applications. In addition to Customer Support responsibilities, this role included hiring, training, and supervising 3-5 application specialists and training the replacement manager. This position reported directly to the Product Development Manager and managed three individuals.
January 2001 – January 2011 Application Specialist / Customer Support Manager, MetaPower
• My responsibilities included providing configuration support for web-based applications. I provided software development using unique MS Word macros to build SQL scripts that updated both SQL and Oracle databases. My responsibilities also included developing applications, managing promotions, configuring writing reports using software report providers such as Actuate and Logi Analytics, writing help topics to support the web-based applications, handling customer support issues, and developing online and classroom training materials. This position reported to the Product Development Manager.
1993-1997 Master of Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Northwest Nazarene University
1985-1989 Bachelors of Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Pacific Lutheran University
High School Diploma, Mark Morris High School