• Experienced in conducting personnel orientation and staff development.
• Proficient in daily operations of private daycares – small to large capacity.
• Established development campaigns for non-profit organizations, and private companies.
• Coordinated training of program and administrative personnel.
• Prepared grant applications and proposals for community- and faith-based organizations.
• Developed successful bids for private corporations.
• Prepared federal discretionary grant applications for Union County Div. of Employment & Training.
• Completed paper and on-line funding requests.
• Attended workshops for federal and state funding application preparation.
• Established collaborative partnerships with IT corporations, financial development institutions, and accounting firms.
• Developed collaborative agreements with private and public agencies.
• Oversaw Summer Youth Employment Program Collaboration with City of Newark.
• Developed School-aged After School and Summer Programs.
• Oversaw school fundraising efforts in Union and Essex counties.
• Developed and implemented youth programs (Early Childhood, Summer and Afterschool)
Private Industry: Coordinated client needs with appropriate skilled staff. Prepared employee schedules daily. Provided troubleshooting support for non-profit organizations. Answered telephone inquiries. Coordinated development campaigns for client organizations. Developed prospective client marketing/mailing lists. Created marketing tools. Represented clients at bidders’ conferences.
Public Service: Worked directly with private and public school representatives to prepare develop contracts, coach candidates in changing workforce trends, and obtain on-the-job training opportunities. Developed liaisons with downsizing companies – targeting obsolete skills. Served as ling between private companies and unemployed clients. Led Rapid Response Team Presentations to dislocated workers. Prepared Federal Discretionary Grant applications for Union County JTPA program.
Temple Community Development Corp. Elizabeth, NJ November, 2013 - Present
Greater Mt. Moriah Ed. Academy Newark, NJ January, 2005 – June, 2012
New Jersey Institute of Technology Newark, NJ September, 1996 – May, 1997
Watkins Consulting & Development Elizabeth, NJ April, 1997 - Present
Conference and Leasing Associate
Metro Office Suites Iselin, NJ July, 1992 – March, 1996
Coordinator of Discretionary Grants
U.C. Div. PIC/Employment & Training Elizabeth, NJ January, 1989 – April, 1992
Senior Job Developer
U.C. Div. of PIC/Employment & Training Elizabeth, NJ January, 1987 – December, 1988
Union County Division of PIC/Employment & Training Elizabeth, NJ September, 1986 – December, 1986
? Kean University (Impact NJ/Program for Parents Partnership)
Program Administration Certificate
? City of Newark (Dept. of Health & Family Services)
Director’s Academy Certificate
? New Jersey Institute of Technology
M.A. Professional and Technical Communications, (Coursework)
? Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, New York
BA Political Science
Genealogy, Reading, Tutoring, and Writing
Alumnae(i) of Vassar College, American Institute of Parliamentarians, American Institute of Fundraising Professionals, Elizabeth Development Corporation Board of Trustees (former), and Linden Library Board of Trustees (former).
Coordinated After School Tutoring & Enrichment Program, SAT Prep Classes & Summer Program for Elizabeth Branch NAACP, Sunday School Teacher and Church Clerk.