SENIOR-LEVEL ARCHITECT AND SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Results-focused, dynamic professional equipped with more than 20 years of hands-on success providing expert technical account management, solutions engineering, IT Administration and Support to broad range of clients in diverse industries.
Areas of Excellence include:
Technical Account Management • Field Engineer • Implementation & Deployment • ?? Process Automation • Systems Integration • Project Management • Contracts • Team Leadership • Entrepreneurship • Special Projects • Vendor Management
Infoblox • April 2012- Present
Infoblox offers complete IT Service Delivery Management, Network control, automated provisioning, and security for provisioning of all IP related network objects.
Systems Deployment Engineer: Architect and delivery custom solutions to meet a variety of network environments and their respective and unique use cases. Responsibilities included:
• Collect and analyze current IT provisioning process for both work stations and network devices both on premise, virtual and cloud assets
• Work with varies network collection standards including SNMP, NMAP, IFMAP and CLI techniques to discover and assess Network Device configuration compliance
• Utilize TCPDUMP, Wireshark and other network techniques to troubleshoot various network, protocol and application patterns and problems
• Customize deployments and integration on various HyperVisor platforms including VMWARE (ESX, VCAC and NSX), RedHat KVM (Openstack) and Cloud Services Integrations including AWS and Datapipe
SCALEARC • April 2012- February 2014
ScaleArc is the pioneer in a new category of database infrastructure software that simplifies the way database environments are deployed and managed. ScaleArc iDB, a software abstraction layer, simply put is a load balancer for MySQL, MSSQL and Orcale servers to provide instant horizontal scaling, connection management. ScaleArc deploys both as a physical and HyperVisor, On premise or in the private public cloud.
Sr. Systems Engineer, Eastern US and EU Markets: Leveraging years of experience supporting Windows and *NIX environments to delivery what is considered a very technical solution, leading custom deployments for a variety of use cases. Responsibilities included:
• Evangelize the benefits of DataBase load balancing both technical and business including high and low level presentations and discussions
• Collect, identify and qualify business requirements relevant to current and future challenges and initiatives
• Assess Network environment architecture and design integration
• Manage all aspects of engineering and integration including development, staging and production on multiple platforms including HyperVisor, physical Intel x64 platform or potential cloud service provider.
• Re-engineer and deploy ScaleArc appliance in compliance with a wide range of cloud service providers, standardizing image and market deployment. Cloud providers include, Amazon AWS, GoGrid, DataPipe Stratosphere, SAVVIS, Joyent, LiquidWeb, RackSpace. Initiatives were in support of marketplace readiness and custom evaluations/POC
BLUECAT NETWORKS • Toronto, Canada April 2010 - April 2012
A leading vendor of IP Address Management based on both software and hardware delivering both change and configuration management and automation of DNS, DHCP and IP Address Management provisioning within enterprise markets.
Solutions Architect, Mid-Atlantic and Northeast: With a combination of expert product knowledge, industry and practical experience supporting the regional sales team to successfully close sales.
• Collect and develop technical requirements relevant to current and future business and technical needs
• Identify technical requirements, aligning technology to business values supporting clear Return on investment “ROI” and total cost of ownership “TCO”.
• Directly supporting all Pre-Sales engagements within the North East region from West Virginia to Eastern Canada across three Account Directors and Two Business Development Reps.
• Automated provisioning of change management relevant to IP Addresses, DHCP and DNS within the directive of local run book or business process.
• Responding to all RFP's, RPI's and RFQ's as a preliminary step engaging into sales process.
MDU COMMUNICATIONS • Totowa, New Jersey 2009-2010
Provider of satellite video, cable, and Internet services to residential communities (Acquired Delrey Technologies)
Senior Architect of Broadband and IT Services: Facilitate routine operations, support, and network services development processes for broadband product sets as well as provide support to 150 distributed networks. Direct team of 5 lead engineers, 3 product managers, and 26 field technicians and contractors, along with 2 engineers in IT support and development. Administer annual broadband services budget of $2.5M and IT budget of $350K. Evaluate and modify standard operating procedures to realize more efficient operations. Establish strategic business plans in alignment with company requirements and objectives.
• Minimized human error factor and more than quadrupled SLA responses by automating provisioning and asset/change management of subscriber management system in collaboration with outsourced hosting service provider; created API requirements for integration with control and authentication components.
• Streamlined processes via designing internal web-based portal using existing and new workflow procedures for asset profiling, project management, vendor management, and procurement tracking. Portal subsequently became company template, allowing employees to rapidly access property financial and service data.
OPALIS SOFTWARE, INC. • Toronto, Canada 2007-2009
Leading IT process automation enterprise software company. (Acquired by Microsoft)
Senior Solutions Architect, Northeast: Delivered expert support to sales endeavors based on in-depth understanding of client business processes, determining needs and objectives, and determining efficient automation solution; designed common framework for process management and standardization by integrating clients’ custom script and run processes. Provided pre- and post-sales technical account management for clients.
• Procured more than $4M in business with Fortune 750 companies in partnership with sales associate; accounts closed included organizations within energy, manufacturing, finance, and e-commerce industries.
• Achieved sales quota despite challenging financial environment.
DELREY TECHNOLOGIES, LLC • Jersey City, New Jersey 2002-2009
Start-up company providing consumer-based ISP and video services to luxury high rises comprising 3,000 customers.
Owner/President: Executed entire spectrum of processes associated with start-up operation, including business development, project management, account management, and procedure development. Established and launched full Ethernet distributed network throughout lower Jersey area by wireless bridging between properties; created satellite distribution network to accompany Internet broadband. Provided managed services for VoIP, application integration, and network management.
• Grew start-up operation to support 1,800 customers with 10-year right-of-entry contracts for 6 high rises within 3 years. Expanded company to incorporate systems integration and solutions for mid-sized companies in tri-state area.
• Designed and implemented fully-automated, self-provisioning broadband system.
• Successfully negotiated lasting contract with real estate development firm for provision of alternative broadband/video service to Telco and video franchises.
• Secured contracts with New Jersey Board of Education as well as major organizations, such as ITT, Hyatt, Fisher Development, and TM Forum.
VISUAL NETWORKS, INC. • Rockville, Maryland 1999-2002
Provider of network and application performance management solutions.
CHARLES RIVER CONSULTANTS • New York, New York 1997-1999
Provider of technical help desk support, application development, and high-definition imaging personnel to large corporations.
CERTIFICATIONS, TRAINING, & TECHNICAL SKILLS
MCSE • ITIL v3 Certified • SOX Compliance Training (COBIT)
HyperVisor Platforms: VMWARE ESX, Citrix XEN, KVM, OpenStack, Cisco UCS Express, MS HyperV
Cloud Systems: Amazon AWS, Google GCE, AZURE, Savvis, Datapipe Statoshpere, Gogrid, Rackspace, CloudStack
Operating Systems: Most Enterprise Linux distributions including Redhat, Debian, CentOS and Ubunutu, MSOS Windows 2008-2012
Authentication Systems: Active Directory (Kerberos and NTLM), LDAP, Radius, 802.1x, Cisco CNR, Two Factor Authentication
Network Systems and standards: Routing, Switches, VLANs, Content Switches, Protocol Proxies, Gateways, Firewalls
Database Platforms: MSSQL, MySQL, Postgress, SQLlite, Oracle
Enterprise Systems and standards: vCenter, vOrchestrator, MS Systems Center Suite, Enterprise DNS , DHCP, CISCO IOS, HP IOS, Salesforce.com, HP Datcenter Automation, BMC Atrium, BMC REMEDY, NETIQ, CMDB
Familiar Languages: HTML, PHP, XML, BASH, PERL, PYTHON, SOAP web-services
Enterprise solutions: Microsoft System Center Suite, HP Datacenter Automation, BMC Atrium, BMC REMEDY, NETIQ, CMDB, Infoblox, BlueCat Networks, F5 Load Balancers,