Stuart Alan Reid
Career Objective ________
After a number of careers, I have returned to my first passion of science and engineering.
Qualifications and Education
2008-2009 Diploma of Engineering (Civil). Electives: Waste, Traffic Engineering, Maths.
2010 Post Graduate Diploma of Project Management.
2011-2013 Studying Bachelor of Engineering Technology. Interrupted by Major Earthquake.
Relevant Skills and Strengths
• 10 years of contracting/supervising Industrial projects sandblasting and painting covering Hydro-electric power stations, Karapiro, Maretai, Shannon, Lake Coleridge, Atamuri penstocks.
• 10 years own farming project, 3000 stock units.
• 10 years Sales experience Machinery and Insurance.
• 30 yrs driving and operating heavy machinery. Trucks, Trailers, Loaders, Excavators, Cranes
• Can touch type; have worked in accountant’s office familiar with most common software programmes, AutoCAD, Inventor, and MS Office.
• Have heavy Traffic Licences for New Zealand, Australia, USA, including residency.
• Have run my own or supervised large contracts all over New Zealand.
• Am comfortable and have worked with all levels of business (Established the first Govt SOE/Private partnership in 1986),
• Enjoy problem solving and mass presentations.
• Good speaker and strong written skills.
• I consider my strong individuality enables a rational approach to team work with an abundance of initiative.
• Like to think I have left every endeavour a little better than when I arrived.
2014... Currently Working in USA for CREngland.
2008....2013 returned to University (see education) and did part time driving and engineering projects in New Zealand and Australia.
2006-2008. Logistics USA, commissioned agent, average project 2500km x 60pa, in USA (OTR 48 states) for 2 years. Central Hauling Ltd, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
2004-2006 Driving trucks New Zealand, Mainland Drivers, relief driver TNL, Browns, McDowell, Summerland Express, Halls Refrigerated Transport, Mainfreight and numerous others.
1988-2004. Mid Canterbury, converted a sheep farm, 200hc/500ac to Deer, Cattle and Crop. Was running approx 1500 deer, some cattle, sheep, Alpacas and cropping (organic). Extensive irrigation, fencing, building and border dyke creation. Injury involving stock required change of career.
1986-1988 Established New Zealand's first national mail order photo developing company ('Fotopost') which could be seen in every Post office in New Zealand. 'Fotopost' was the first commercial company to enter into a joint venture with the newly formed State own enterprise's. Sold Fotopost in 1988.
1980-1986. Contracting business in industrial coatings, sandblasting, water blasting, and painting. Worked on buildings ranging from hydroelectric power station penstocks at Lake Coleridge Canterbury, Lake Karapiro Waikato, bridges; railway and road, Wairarapa, Wellinton, Ferrys on floating dock for Cook Strait
1976-1980 Company representative selling capital equipment mainly in the automotive field, specifically heavy trucks for Wrightcars, International Harvester (AIC).
1974-1976 Company representative selling and underwriting for insurance companies Combined Insurance Company of America and Metropolitan Life Assurance Company of NZ Ltd.
I am a keen sportsman and played Rugby and Cricket at senior level. Rode horses at provincial level. Play squash regularly and represented Mid Canterbury at the nation teams event in 1994. Have interests in health and learning processes. Was president of Lauriston Cricket Club and Secretary of Ashburton Toastmasters at which I won the international speech contest two years.
+64 274 nz
+61 8 650 aust
+1 562 usa