562, Sector 11, Panchkula – 134 112
Mobile: +91 – 97801 72013
Phone: +91 - 172 – 257 6562
HR & ADMINISTRATION PROFESSIONAL
• An astute professional with more than 6 years experience in HR and Administration; Presently working with PTU's Gian School of TQM & Entrepreneurship as Assistant Manager – HR & Administration
• Demonstrated ability in executing core HR functions such as Recruitment, Personnel Management, Payroll Processing, Performance Appraisals, Employee affairs and Training Need Analysis
• Expertise in handling a gamut of operations such as Vendor management, Premises Management, Procurement and MIS Reporting
• Hands on experience in designing policies, programmes and procedures to address organization's objective
• Well versed with working in a computerized environment with very strong exposure to various softwares, databases and designing tools
• Exceptional communicator with strong people management skills, seeking challenging career in HR and Administration.
Recruitment - Manpower Planning – Performance Appraisals - Payroll Processing
Employee Affairs - Personnel Management - Policies & Procedures – Vendor Management Accounting Functions - Premises Management - People Management – Statutory Compliances
PTU’s Gian Jyoti School of TQM & Entrepreneurship, Mohali Since Oct 07
Assistant Manager – HR and Administration
First School of Excellence for Advanced Learning of Punjab Technical University (PTU), Jalandhar to provide education in Total Quality Management (TQM) to working professionals through B.Tech. Industrial Engineering and Management (Specialization in TQM) School is also focusing on quality related programmes i.e. North West Qual-tech Awards, 10 days workshop on Sandwich TQM Programme based on Juran’s TQM Models and Six-Sigma etc.
Gian Sagar Educational and Charitable Trust, Banur July 05 – Sept 07
Assistant Manager HR *** Administration
Gian Sagar Medical College and hospital is committed to provide best healthcare services. The institutions of Gian Sagar Educational & Charitable trust are a small tribute to the memory of (Late) Sh. Gurdial Singh Bhangoo.Gian Sager Hospital is backed up by Gian sagar Medical College, Gian sagar Dental College, Gian Sagar Physiotherapy College, Gian Sagar Nursing College with a clear vision of Being a self sustained organization. It provides a complete range of latest diagnostic, medical and surgical facilities for the care of patients.
• Recruiting Faculties for various disciplines and other Support staff through Advertisements, Job sites, Employee Referrals etc.
• Interacting with departmental heads, Gathering their requirements and Preparing occupational descriptions for various positions
• Screening resumes, Conducting initial round of interviews and Scheduling further rounds of interview with departmental heads
• Handling post-interview formalities such as Conducting reference check, Negotiating salary, Issuance of offer letter etc.
• Conducting induction training to the new joinees to appraise them on organizational objective, its value and working pattern
• Liaising with corporates to identify suitable placement opportunities for the students and further organizing Campus Recruitments in the institution
• Defining policies and framing HR strategies to adhere with the quality policy of the organization at every level
• Executing personnel management functions such as monitoring attendance and leave records, and processing of payroll/ salary statements
• Employee record-keeping and confidentiality
• Monitoring statutory compliance which includes liaison with external agencies, Govt. authorities, Labour department and PF & ESI authorities
• Handling all functions related to Accounts Receivable / Payable, Audit functions, Taxation etc.
• Addressing various grievances voiced by employees, handling conflict resolution to maintain harmonious working environment
• Preparing Study materials, Presentations, Assignments and Quizzes in consultation with fellow staff members
• Responsible for preparation and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures for all facilities.
• Administering the safety procedures of men, material, facilities by taking concrete steps to prevent fire, burglary, pilferage and other damages
• Developing and implementing security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security.
• Maintaining various documents & records submitted by staff members and students
• Inducting service providers and vendors for housekeeping, procurement of various assets, stationeries, consumables, negotiating favorable terms and approving purchase orders
• Generating MIS reports with key details and presenting to the management for review
• Sponsored by the institution for the First North-West HR Summit on “Talent Management” organized by National HRD Network & Gian Jyoti Institute of Management & Technology at Confederation of Indian Industry (CII ) Chandigarh in the year 2008.
• Nominated to attend HR Summit on “Winning HR strategies for turbulent times” at Confederation of Indian Industry (CII ) Chandigarh in the year 2009.
• Successfully headed a team during the migration process of accounting software, from manual accounting system to an automatic system at Gian Sagar Trust
• Ensured optimization of resources and reduction whenever possible, resulting in huge cost saving for the organization
Joshi Auto Zone Pvt. Ltd., Chandigarh May 03 – Feb 04
M.Phil in Management (HRM), Global University, 2009
Master's Degree in Business Administration (HRM), Pune University, 2008
Diploma in Computer Applications, NIIT, Panchkula, 2005
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, S.D. College, Panjab University, 2000
IT Skills: MS Office, MS DOS, MS SQL Database
Date of Birth : 29th October 1981
Languages : English, Hindi, Punjabi, Himachali