(61) 0432 577 407 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Financial Management
• Chartered Accounting
• Financial Planning & Analysis
• Internal Audit
• Statutory Audit
• Project Reporting
• Budgeting & Forecasting
• Financial Accounting
• Microsoft Excel
• Oracle Application
• CIM Application
I am a Professional Accountant with 10 years experience in Financial and Chartered Accounting, Auditing, Management Accounting and Financial Reporting/Analysis. I am also pursuing CPA qualification currently with CPA Australia.
Included in my 10 years is 5 years as senior accountant responsible for annual commission turnover of $20 - $25 million dollars and a staff of 5 personnel.
I have added to my portfolio the skills of business management, maintaining and reporting the financial status of various projects running throughout the organisation.
• Building and maintaining strong rapport with various program manager and general managers by using effective written and verbal communication skills
• Upgraded the traditional method of reporting the Operating Expenditure within the Division by creating a range of templates and training Finance Officers to work with the templates resulting in completing the work in 3 days which previously took 2 weeks
• Restructured Control and Budget Service; updated accounting procedures which consequently led the Company to reduce the costing for about 25% compared to former year
• Worked with Branch Directors, Assistant Directors and Management Accountants to instil a greater sense of discipline into the budgeting and variance reporting process
• Contributed to the development and improvement of budgetary processes and application of new technology within the Office
• Developed standard procedures and helped developing automated process of posting journals directly in the system.
• Substantial experience in financial management including the development of strategic financial management policy, internal and statutory audit, tactical and resource planning, budgeting & controls, evaluation analysis and project reporting
• Proven background in quantitative, evaluative and analytical functions
• Ensuring compliance with Accounting systems and Statutory requirements by undertaking a range of Reporting, Accounting and Financial Management functions for Private Firms including security investments, FMCG companies, manufacturers and fashion retailers
• Supervising and training Trainee Finance officers
• Preparing, compiling and analysing weekly and monthly cash flow forecasts with commentary to ensure efficient use of funds
• Proven ability to manage, supervise, motivate and develop/train staff including setting
objectives, carrying out staff appraisals and identifying training needs
• Proven ability to work as an independent team leader as well as a team player
• Experience of working to tight deadlines, within a highly pressured change orientated environment
• Strong ability to initiate, introduce and manage new developments / systems / reports that seek to continually improve the financial management of the organization.
• Expertise in use of business systems/applications
• Adept in communications with widely diverse personnel with ability to handle multiple tasks, Strong negotiation skills & Excellent presentation skills
• Expertise in Financial Statements, General Ledgers, Audits, Budgeting and Time tracking
• Proficient in processing financial/business documentation
• Promoted to positions of increasing responsibility and authority
• Profound spreadsheet skills (Excel) and excellent general PC skills
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Bachelor of Commerce
The Saurashtra University (2002)
Chartered Accountant Foundation
Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (2000)
ERP Systems & Professional Skills
• Oracle Application
• MYOB Application
• Microsoft Access (Intermediate)
• Microsoft Word (Intermediate)
• Microsoft Excel (Advance)
• Tally Solutions
• CIM Application
Sep 2011 – Current
Assistant Accountant - Operations
• Preparing and analysing monthly, quarterly and statutory financial statements of about 150 different programs with a turnover of $100 million dollars.
• Expertise in preparing quarterly and annual acquittals of more than 50 programs run by the organisation to be reported to the respective funding bodies.
• Liaising with auditors during interim and annual audit process.
• Assisting finance manager in month end process and year end process with posting necessary adjustment journal entries and reconciliations of funding accounts.
• Maintaining, managing and reviewing general ledger on monthly basis to ensure accounting accuracy is maintained across all the programs.
• Forecasting, managing and coding fund accounts on monthly basis and review them from time to time to ensure true and fair picture of the financial position of the programs.
• Reviewing and approving weekly payments made through cheques and wire transfers.
• Communicating and building up concrete relationship with different program managers and general managers and facilitating them with various monthly reports and catering their day to day needs.
• Assisting with budget preparation by analysing last year’s budget and actual figures keeping in mind ad hoc expenses incurred out of budgets and providing tailor made budgets to suit everyone’s needs.
Jan – Sep 2011
Origin Energy Transform Solar Pty Ltd.
Major Development Projects
• Maintaining all Accounts Payable responsibilities viz. obtaining relevant managerial approvals, raising manual and iProcurement purchase orders in Oracle, scheduling payments and liaise with all legal firms in relation to their forthcoming invoices for the services received.
• Coding invoices based on different companies, location, department and projects depending on their nature.
• Handling some of the Accounts Receivable responsibilities such as keeping an eye on overdue payments expecting on proceeds from sale of equipment, raw materials and spare parts and following up all the debtors for the payment proceeds.
• Analysing Financial Statements such as Profit & Loss Accounts and Balance Sheet
• Preparing monthly Equity and Liabilities Reconciliations and analysing them on a regular basis.
• Assisting Project Accountant in preparing and drafting their day to day reports for Joint Venture Accounting.
• Applying for approval of Idaho Training Grant from US State Government.
• Providing timely & accurate responses to routine requests for financial information
• Maintaining Asset Register – calculating monthly depreciation, preparing invoices for sale of assets, working on impairment of disposal of assets, drafting and posting journal entries on intercompany transfer or 3rd party sale of assets.
• Dealing in various foreign currencies for day to day routine transactions.
• Planning and analysing monthly cash flow statements on the basis of calculations of forecasting future payments in various currencies viz. AUD, USD & EURO.
• Working on Project Accounting.
• Drafting and posting ad hoc and month-end Project and GL journals.
• Handling Petty Cash which includes petty cash reconciliations and petty cash journals in multiple currencies.
• Analysing and releasing weekly payment forecast by keeping a track of potential invoices requiring to be paid.
2009-2011 (2 years)
Shared Services SA
• Process day to day invoices for Department of Education and Children’s services (DECS).
• Handle invoicing and receipting for Department of Correctional Services (DCS).
• Taking care of Debt Management by making phone calls and sending reminder notices and final notices to customers.
• Watch closely at each and every movement of debtors and ensure timely payment of invoices.
• Processing day to day cheque entries and enter them in the system.
• Proficient in using Corporate Receipting System (CRS) for receiping for DECS.
• Using Masterpiece for day today invoicing and also for debt management.
• Using 2 different types of Masterpiece for DECS and DCS.
• Resolving customer queries timely and efficiently on phone using effective communication skills and friendly approach.
2004 – 2009 (5 years)
Senior Financial Accountant/Financial Analyst
Chandni Oil & Food Co.
(FMCG Company with State-level distribution)
• Preparing and Finalising Half Yearly & Yearly Profit and Loss account, Balance Sheet
• Coordinating Sales Tax, Income Tax, and filing of respective Yearly Tax Returns
• Providing timely, efficient financial support services including records and document management, reconciling accounts receivable, preparing complex reports, correspondence, briefings and supporting documents
• Planning short- and long-term cash flows and assessing financial performance
• Examining and analysing journal and ledger entries, bank statements, inventories, expenditures and other accounting and financial records, documents and systems to ensure financial recording accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards, procedures and internal controls
• Preparing payroll & maintained records for 25 staff
• Liaising with Financial Institutions for cash credit against stocks
• Preparing content of information and advice provided to Directors and Assistant Directors in Financial matters for further use
• Supervising and inducting the training of new Finance Officers to the financial systems and processes taking place within the Division
• Preparing monthly management reports on expenditure, performance against budget, expenditure forecasting etc, and making recommendations for corrective action where necessary
2002 – 2004 (2 years) – Accountant (Audit/Financial)
2001 – 2002 (1 year) - Trainee Accountant
T.R.Doshi & Co., Chartered Accountants
• Developing budgetary/accounting policies; preparing financial statements; achieving regulatory compliance; supervising audits; arrange financing; administrating taxation; analysing operating costs; and utilizing computer-based accounting systems; evaluating cash flow and financial risk
• Examining and analysing journal and ledger accounts and financial statements to ensure financial recording accuracy and compliance with established accounting standards, procedures and internal controls
• Preparing detailed audit reports in compliance with Accounting Standards and making recommendations to improve individual or establishment's accounting and management practices
• Conducting field audits of businesses to ensure compliance with provisions of the Income Tax Act, and other statutory requirements.
References will be available upon request.