Below is my professional resume. I love to write more than just about anything. I am a poet, prose, rhyming, Haiku, etc. It comes to me very easy. I have written sports in the past for small town newspapers in the Dallas, Texas area. Though writing is not my vocation, it is most assuredly an avocation. I love doing it at any level and on just about any topic. The fact that I am easy to deal with, have an advanced degree and can write poetry in 3 minutes...good award winning stuff is just a bonus. I would love to hear from you.
I indicate an hourly rate of 50 per hour. I earn much more than that but I am willing to work for less given the chance to write something that will get some exposure. The 50 number is even negotiable.
JOHN DIAL KINARD Mansfield, TX 76063 • (972) 765-1027 • email@example.com
From strategic tweaks to quantum leaps… optimizing corporate purchasing
Executive Leader and Senior Consultant:
Supply Chain Management and Company-Wide Business Strategy • Outside Sales Including High-Impact Presentations • Product and Service Contract Negotiations Exceeding $300Million
? Negotiated contracts valued up to $300Million in areas of software, licensing, construction of all types, for services, commodities/goods and commercial leasing agreements. Includes both dollar and risk mitigation through knowledge of all terms and conditions.
? Delivered $42Million dollars in cumulative savings by automating/digitizing purchasing, standardizing procurement processes, reducing supplier bases, managing RFP process, and winning support for positive change from stakeholders company-wide. Process implementation only, does not include amounts saved via renegotiation.
? Mitigated risk in highly volatile telecom and energy industries.
? Developed compelling presentations that got change-resistant organizations and team members onboard with wide-reaching process improvement initiatives.
Executive Experience and Impact
Account Executive, Cumulus Media, Inc., Dallas, TX 2013-2014
Second largest radio holding company in US, provide client sale, close and maintenance
Enhanced outside sales and marketing experience with nation’s second largest radio holder.
Completed one year sales and marketing education program sponsored by Cumulus Media, Inc. Expectations required sales closures simultaneous with study, completion and written testing from day one. The most intensive and comprehensive training program in the outside sales niche, the program is widely noted as comparable and comprehensive as to be acknowledged by outside sales within industry as equivalent to a “sales” post graduate degree.
Sales closing process requires client interface complete with impeccable presentation demonstrating specific value-adds to client businesses. Clients range from law firms, financial firms and doctors requiring interaction with executive management. Received awards for most sales in a week bringing over $900Thousand client closes over a one-year period. Additional responsibilities included voice-over work used in client endorsements and radio commercials
Vice President, Larry Kinard Consulting, Mansfield, TX
Boutique firm specializing in acquisition of professional services for various military branches and Power Generation 2008–2012
Collaborate with Chief Executive to identify clients seeking expertise in power generation. Firm provided expertise to a variety of public utilities to establish key processes and perform risk assessment between energy provider and commercial clients.
• Negotiated base contracts energy firms with more than 5 million customers. Administer contracts and maintain contact with suppliers and business units as required.
• Leveraged president’s credibility in the field to accelerate energy client success as a new players in the energy industry.
• Strengthened president’s and company’s brand by overseeing content submitted by various American military branches. Managed all Korean War Veterans Association (KWVA) publications and co-managing KWVA’s middle school outreach program.
Director of Procurement and Supplier Services, Alliance Data, Dallas, TX 2000–2007
$8Billion provider of loyalty marketing solutions; including private label, co-brand, and commercial credit cards; loyalty programs; loyalty consulting; consumer database marketing; email marketing; data services; and creative agency services.
Hired to establish procure-to-pay process from scratch for this young company experiencing sprawling growth moving toward IPO. Developed Supply Chain Management, Accounts Payable, Contracts, Materials Management, Risk Management, Minority and Disadvantaged Business, and Procurement Cards departments. Negotiated all contracts valued at $1Million+, managing comprehensive RFX process. Six (6) direct professional, degreed report including more than 50 overall employees for the Procure to Pay organization. Managed $5M annual operating budget, and oversight of $200M+ in annual spend.
Added $65M+ in profits by consilidating purchasing power and implementing standardized tools and processes.
• Hit the ground running, saving $12.5M (cutting $25M spend in half) in first year by cutting supplier base by approximately 50% and renegotiating key mobile facilities, staffing, travel, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and computer platform contracts via RFP process.
• Saved $2Million+ per year and improved quality and availability of spending data by upgrading PeopleSoft and SAP ERP and streamlining/automating A/P, making all invoices available online, including implementation of approval routing.
• Cut $40Million+ per year in administrative expenses and earned 6-figure incentive from credit card company by establishing procurement card program for low risk purchases.
• Slashed $23M+ in spending by segmenting Supply Chain Management into two specialized groups. Supported separation of technical vs. commercial negotiating responsibilities.
Set stage for long-range relevance of department and company by leading critical cultural shifts
• Won buy-in for unified procurement approach from 12 onsite controllers and senior management team by mitigating risk, lowering expenses, and maintaining positive supplier relationships.
• Grew business line 25% and enhanced corporate citizenship profile by establishing a dedicated minority business development program, earning recognition from DFW Minority Business Development Council.
• Spearheaded fundamental shift in purchasing, from vendor-driven to Alliance-driven. Eliminated “order taker” approach thereby hiring accomplished supply chain negotiators who actively uncovered advantages for Alliance.
• Boosted purchase order development 45%, contracts development by 82% thereby mitigating risk by applying terms and conditions (previously nonexistent) to 97% of total $200Million spend.
Contracts and Purchasing Manager, PrimeCo Personal Communications, Westlake, TX 1996–2000
~$1Billion personal communications services startup.
Hand picked by Procurement Director from Texas Utilities to serve on a contract basis as chief negotiator for 10-year, $300Million contract with Cincinnati Bell Information Systems (CBIS). Promoted in 1998 based on superior business results delivered in contracts manager role. Partnered with Directorr to usher in major supply chain changes, working to gain more visibility with IT and constantly reexamine all category expenditures for opportunities to consolidate supplier base and lower pricing and ultimate risk.. Liaised between Purchasing and Major Trading Areas (MTAs) in 12 large metro areas, including Honolulu. Accountable for all contract administration for professional services and data processing agreements. Up to 12 direct reports.
Conserved tens of millions of dollars in cash while mitigating risk—both essential in this startup environment…
• Gained $45Million+ advantage as lead negotiator and administrator of 10-year, $300Million contract with CBIS. Won pricing concessions for professional services and closely monitored SLA compliance. Exceeded all goals in negotiating contract for Precedent 2000 RFP software outlining all metrics and SLA’s within Professional Services and Data Processing contracts. Also negotiated escrow agreement allowing PrimeCo to license source code for software in the event of default.
• Eliminated $35Million in annual spending by transitioning to electronic management of all purchase orders through ERP system. Completed 18-month project on-time and under budget.
• Headed development of all policy and procedures which were approved by corporate controllers and Legal and implemented system-wide. No such policies and procedures had ever been applied to the PrimeCo Procurement process.
• Gained $8Million in annual savings and reduced supplier base 90% by renegotiating all telecom equipment via RFP and credible valuation between participants.
• Improved efficacy of advertising and marketing for PrimeCo national branding while saving $7Million/year by renegotiating vendor contract.
Education and Community Involvement
MBA, Supply Chain Management, University of Texas; Arlington, TX, expected 2014 (completed 16 units)
BS, Psychology, University of Texas; Arlington, TX Active member of Big Brothers and Sisters of Tarrant County for 20+ years.
Member Dallas Fort Worth Minority Development Council
Church Volunteer/Food bank volunteer.