VEENA CHANDRA P, B.P.T, BsPT, MBA, APGDCR&DM, SAS
OBJECTIVE: Having written for various purposes, from numerous academic assignments, projects, thesis writing, scientific paper presentations to creative writing, I look forward to a career in writing that utilizes my skills and abilities to my utmost potential.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• 4 years of clinical experience in the medical specialties of Pediatrics, Rheumatology, Ergonomics, Orthopedics and Neurology.
• Worked in acute care, outpatient settings with a busy caseload of 12 – 15 patients per day.
• Expertise in patient assessment, case management, patient relations & communication, work station evaluations in the IT industry.
• Corporate Ergonomist for Honeywell Technologies, India.
• Awareness programs through presentations for masses.
• Mentoring juniors through seminars and workshops.
• Keen in Research & Development, presented two scientific papers at national and international levels.
• Documenting/Recording Information, Processing Information Scheduling Work and Activities.
• Organizational skills: Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards, Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events, Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others, Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings and Analyzing Data or Information
• Advanced proficiency in English, Hindi and Kannada.
Home based physiotherapist: self employed, Oct 2009 – March 2010, Dubai, UAE:
• Was responsible for improving gait, balance and equilibrium and Activities of Daily Living (ADL) for a patient with Autism coupled with Cerebellar dysfunction and cerebral palsy.
Accomplishments: Improved ADL, normalized gait pattern, improved balance.
Pediatric Physiotherapist & Corporate Ergonomist: Recoup Neuromusculoskeletal Rehabilitation Centre, India: Feb, 2008 – Feb, 2009:
• Role in Pediatric Rehabilitation, Occupational health & Myotherapy, Communicate, demonstrate & nurture professional skills in freshman, trainees & interns. Organize & conduct presentations in the corporate sector.
• Research & Development.
• Note scribing for annual meetings & audits.
• Develop Physical therapy strategies
• Corporate Ergonomics
• Emceed and also presented scientific papers at National & International conferences.
• Won the 2nd place for my paper presentation on Repetitive Stress Injuries in the IT sector the International Conference on Ergonomics held in 2008.
• Wrote Newsletters on RSI for Honeywell Technologies being a representative of RECOUP.
ChanRe Rheumatology & Immunology Centre & Research (CRICR), Bangalore, India: March 2006 - June 2007:
• Establish prevention & curative treatment guidelines & awareness strategies through mass communication and patient education.
• PT treatments and techniques (Exercise therapy + Electrotherapy)
• Pain management.
• Prescription & formulation of exercise programs.
• Patient counseling
Accomplishments: Improved ADL and mobility in a number of patients with different arthritis.
• Organize camps & community service for screening of nutritional deficiencies in children.
• Bone Mass Density (BMD) camps for screening of osteoporosis.
Hema Physio Centre: Consultant Physiotherapist in neurology & orthopedics, Bangalore, India July 2005 – October 2006
• Handled challenging cases of stroke, accidents and sports injuries.
• Post surgical rehabilitation.
• Conduct assessments and evaluations.
Internship: M.S.Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore, India: July 2005 – Jan 2006.
• Postings in Orthopedics, Neurology, General Medicine, General Surgery, Pediatrics and Geriatrics.
• Postings in Intensive Care Units.
• Conduct presentations for juniors and participate in seminars and other Continued Medical Education programs.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
• Advanced Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Research & Clinical Data Management: James Lind Institute, Hyderabad. Oct 2012 – August 2014.
• SAS (Statistical Analytical Software): Base and Advanced (Macros and SQL), Cliplab, Cytel, Bangalore.
• Training & Internship: July 2013 – Feb 2014MBA in Healthcare Management: Sikkim Manipal University, India, Feb 2012 – Feb 2014.
• BsPT (Bachelor’s Supplemental of Physical Therapy): University Of Manila, Philippines, Bishop Heber College, Trichy, Tamil Nadu, India, (Satellite centre). July 2007 – Dec 2007.
• Bachelor’s of Physiotherapy: M.S.Ramaiah Medical College, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, India Sep 2001 – Jan 2006.
• Muscle Energy Techniques, Myofascial Release & High Velocity Thrust Techniques.
• ChanRe Update” conducted by ChanRe Rheumatology & Immunology Centre & Research and Immunology and Arthritis Research and Education Trust.
• ITLS (International Trauma Life Support) Advanced Course.
• Basic course in Ergonomics and work Related Muscular Skeletal Disorders, Recoup.
• Advanced course in functional spasticity management, Recoup.
• International conference on Ergonomics.
SCIENTIFIC PAPER PRESENTATIONS:
• Role of suspended treadmill in Post SEMLARASS (Single Event Multilevel Lever Arm Restoration Anti Spastic Surgery) Rehabilitation.
• Risk factors, clinical symptoms related to the dominance of Work Related Muscular Skeletal Disorders (WRMSDs): Won the 2nd prize in the “International Conference on ergonomics, 2008.
RESEARCH ASSISTANTSHIP: TOPICS:
• Difference in pain threshold between normal males & females.
• Pain threshold in fibromyalgia.
• Effects of joint mobilizations on pain threshold in rheumatoid arthritis.
• Life member of Indian Association of Physiotherapists (IAP), L – 15207.
• Life member of the Manual Therapy Foundation of India (MTFI), 2006M471.
• Life member of Indian Society of Ergonomists (ISE), L243.
REFERENCE: On request.