SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Experienced media professional with extensive skills in production and post.
- Creative and resourceful content producer, videographer, and editor
- Deadline-oriented, budget-conscious, and
- Organized and attentive to details with a strong technical aptitude and adaptability to new technologies.
- Effective communicator, negotiator, and problem solver capable of managing people and time efficiently.
- Software: Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Pro Tools, and MS Office.
APIARY MEDIA, Shelburne, VT 2013-present
Owner / Founder
- Direct sales, marketing, and daily functions of a start-up media production business providing services from concept to execution.
- Manage client relationships and new business development efforts, and serve as the primary point of contact.
- Create and present client proposals, negotiate budgets, and oversee administrative and financial operations.
- Plan, develop, and execute media projects of varying complexity, and retain subcontracted personnel for specialized projects.
EGAN MEDIA PRODUCTIONS, Colchester, VT 2006-2013
Executive Producer / Editor
- Produced, directed, and edited video for clients including Ben & Jerry’s, Major League Soccer, U.S. Ski & Snowboard Hall of Fame, Hubbardton Forge, National Grid, Acorn Shoes, and Small Dog Electronics.
- Hired and supervised freelance personnel and ensured the completion of on-time and on-budget projects.
- Cultivated new business development, represented the company at trade shows, and responded to web-based inquiries, cold calls, and referrals while working in collaboration with ad agencies.
- Oversaw sales and account management efforts, negotiated project pricing, and generated budget proposals.
VERMONT PUBLIC TELEVISION, Colchester, VT 2004-2006
Broadcast Promotions Producer
- Produced and edited national and local promotional broadcast content for a statewide PBS affiliate.
- Collaborated with station management, creative services and traffic department to maintain brand standards on all programming and coordinate project scheduling.
- Provided in-studio and remote production and post-production services including live NCAA sports.
FREELANCE EDITOR / ENGINEER / AD, Shelburne, VT 2001-2004, 1997
- Cut tradeshow, internet, and broadcast spots for national and regional clients including Sylvania, Merrell Footwear, and Phish.
- Served as field and studio mixer for broadcast television and film projects: “Falls” (2004 Slamdance Film Festival selection) and “It” (2004 Phish documentary for National Public Television).
- Assistant director for “Groupies” (1997, starring Ally Sheedy and Justin Henry) and “Nosey Parker” (2003, John O’Brien’s follow-up to “Man With a Plan”).
CACTUS UNLIMITED, Jericho, VT 1998-2001
Studio Manager / Producer
- Designed, built, and managed operations of an audio/video post-production facility for a member of Phish.
- Produced “Outside Out” (SXSW 2000 Film Festival Audience Award) and “Rising Low” (SXSW 2002, Hamptons Film Festival Award, Sundance Channel Selection).
- Purchased and maintained the inventory of high tech studio equipment and gear, scheduled jobs and production personnel, and established vendor relationships.
- Coordinated and engineered all recording sessions, as well as audio and video post-production.
UNIVERSITY OF VERMONT, Burlington, VT
B.A., Anthropology – *** Laude, Phi Beta Kappa