041 2323 117
I am a Communications professional with extensive experience in Customer services and client relations’ management. I have a firm & thorough understanding of business development, conception & implementation, with practical experience of business model management, market research & analysis - as well as a great acumen in MarComms practices; including: copywriting, editing & online content management for the purposes of sales and advertising.
Ad On Hold - July 2012 – March 2014
Creative Copywriter (Subcontractor)
Over the last 2 years I have thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of refining my copywriting skills. My Role as an On Hold Script writer has been varied! I have produced marketing copy across a broad range of business to consumer industries and business-to-business industries. I have also gained extensive knowledge of the Australian Marketing & Advertising industry as a whole, and have had the fortunate opportunity to gain further experience in editing of this kind. Writing for large corporations as well as small to medium enterprises, has enabled me to continually adapt my writing style to suit any target audience. I’ve also been able to bring across and put into practice my understanding of NLP, which has also strengthened my writing techniques.
• Producing engaging copy, that’s both informative and persuasive; on time and to client specifications.
January 2008 – January 2011 Vocus
Senior Media Researcher
As a media researcher my main role is to contact journalists within both print and broadcast media and collate professional and personal details. I am therefore highly skilled in effective communication and have extensive experience and insight into the how and why’s of building a genuine and professional rapport with journalists.
I have established good professional relationships with many of the major publishing houses, and have acquired great experience and practical knowledge of corporate intellectual property law and business advertising.
Working to deadlines is also one of the many other requirements within my role, and I have the ability to work well under pressure and successfully manage my own workload and time.
• Content Management
• Journalist Liaison
• Media Monitoring
• Consistently going beyond my given targets, with the highest within my team.
• Building established relationships with key figures within the Media industry.
• Maintaining the Quality of the data collated through effective training of team members.
3DCommunications UK LTD Dec 2007 – Oct 2009
3DCommunications UK LTD was a small, integrated marketing & Communications Company that I set up on my own. Through the company I managed and directed quite a number of contracts, some retained over a year period, and others on a freelance or consultative basis. I set up the company initially as a challenge for myself, and received clients through networking, online and word of mouth. Although the small scale of 3DCUK, I was very fortunate to gain a vast amount of experience of running my own business, as well as people management, and invaluable experience in Business administration from conception to implementation. I’m particularly proud of my achievements with 3DCUK, as it has become the cornerstone of my ambitious and ‘can-do’ attitude.
• Finance Management
• Proposal & Contract Writing
• Business Development
• Copy Writing
• Website Development
• Supplier Management
• People Management
• Regional Press Coverage for Carry-a-bag.
• Contract renewal & Retention.
• Increased the monthly financial intake of Surrey BrickClean & Stone Restoration.
• Creating a Customer Focused online Newsletter for a start up courier Company.
• Key Note Speaker at the Youth Entrepreneurial Conference.
• Creating awareness of Social Enterprise among new and start up Business.
July 2007 – December 2007 Image Box PR
As an Account Executive I had the responsibility of managing four health and beauty accounts. I devised and implemented new product campaigns; sold in stories, and placed case studies. I also liaised with journalists on a daily basis, which gave me the opportunity to make contacts of my own – subsequently I am highly adept in the changing landscape of media relations, in both a consumer and Business-to-Business capacity.
As a result of my success in my role I secured coverage in national, monthly and weekly titles, as well as getting two celebrity endorsements for our clients. On a monthly basis I produced a status report citing the progress of all accounts, and what my future plans for the accounts were, also including organising monthly budget forecasts. I interacted with our clients either via telephone or email, as well as at client meetings, and organising press events, interviews and photo shoots.
I also initially implemented and maintained the administrative infrastructure of the company, allowing for a more efficient, well-organised and progressive working environment.
• Press Release Writing
• Product Placement
• Report Writing
• Client-facing Meetings
• Brand Management
• Managing 4 Accounts
• National & Regional Press coverage
• Product Placement in Vogue.com
• Celebrity Endorsement of new product on the Market
• Implementation of Administrative Infrastructure
November 2006 – July 2007 Livewire PR
My role in this position allowed me to gain thorough experience in digital typography, the practical and business aspects of running a well-organised public relations company, as well as an insight into the fundamentals of the public relations process. My duties included updating the Livewire site with company information and press releases, updating the cuttings log using Microsoft Excel. My main responsibility was to manage each clients account’s Advertising Value Equivalent, although I was also given creative autonomy with regards to collating Press coverage binders, editing cuttings and other press material. Other duties included general copy writing, dealing with queries, and general correspondence with journalists.
• Web Maintenance
• Data Entry
• Account managing
• Microsoft Office (word/excel/publisher/power point)
• Adobe Creative Suite CS5 Photoshop/Indesign/Illustrator
• Technical Data Acquisition with regards to Advertising
Education & Qualifications
Australian College of Journalism
Professional Certificate in Advance Freelance Journalism
Surrey University – 2006-2008
Advanced National Diploma Psychology
a-c grade Psychology
• Local Network Ambassador for Striding Out, a growing company which encourages entrepreneurial talent.
• A member of the international networking site Ecademy, as well as other social networking platforms. As a consequence I have extensive practical experience of digital marketing, and online PR practices.
• Moderator on UKSMF (a sales and marketing forum, for SME’s), where I have given advice on marketing or PR related issues, and have also managed content.
• Article published in PHLOH magazine, a relatively new yet successful publication aimed at young British Urban culture.
Available on Request