As a creative body, innovative, and professional I always give every opportunity the best results. I always aim to succeed and exceed the requirements of any task given to me.
I contribute a hard-working and professional attitude to any project while maintaining a positive and fun-loving nature, leaving me as someone great to work with.
English Tutor, IQ Brainers Academy, Ajax, Ontario July 2014- present
- Responsible for organizing lesson plans for high school and middle school aged children.
- Maintain a respectful and open environment conducive to group sharing and learning.
- Implementing advanced vocabulary and utilizing group sharing and teaching strategies to
maximize educational experience.
- Utilize time-management skills to ensure all students receive equal attention.
- Specialization in grammar, writing, and essay skills.
Student Host, Scottish Universities’ International Summer School
Edinburgh, Scotland July - August 2014
- Office maintenance; photocopying for tutors and upcoming lectures, attending daily office meetings, running errands for directors and administration.
- Assisting with set-up and clean-ups for author readings and SUISS group activities.
- Responsible for petty cash and SUISS belongings.
- Organizing evening activities for students of all ages and professional backgrounds.
- Acquainting students with Edinburgh and accompanying students around the city and to other
cities in Scotland on weekends.
- Ensuring students’ safety, answering questions students may have, and addressing students’
personal and health-related concerns.
- Maintaining a positive and warm attitude ensuring an inclusive environment.
Editor-In-Chief, Aurora Chronicles, Lacombe, Alberta September 2012- April 2013
- Using Adobe and InDesign CS5.
- Organizing newspaper layout for each issue.
- Acquiring newspaper ads.
- Conducting interviews.
- Contributing and editing articles.
- Providing a venue and promoting activist causes.
English Tutor, Canadian University College, Lacombe, Alberta Sept. 2012- April 2013
- Editing essays and other documents.
- Met singularly with students to help brainstorm academic papers.
- Assisted ESL students with comprehending homework.
- Assisted ESL students with paper writing and editing.