• Exceptional attention to detail and focus on administrating to organizational needs/processes, able to efficiently and tactfully navigate competing priorities in a fast-paced environment;
• Strong communicator and problem solver with over 8 years of administrative, instructional, and client service experience, 2 of which in a law office;
• Self-motivated, results-oriented professional – adept at leadership and collaboration
Certifications & Education
Bryant and Stratton College (Buffalo, NY – Online-based program)
A.A.S., Paralegal Studies (August 2013 – Present)
Dean’s List, 4 consecutive semesters
Early Graduation, December 2014
XXXXX & Associates (Wexford, PA), April 2014 – Present
• Serve as the first point of contact for a general practice of 3 attorneys, which demands multitasking and tremendous dexterity in prioritization and schedule management. I am responsible for delegating and responding to all calls, emails and client concerns in a very timely manner.
• Manage the day-to-day operations of the firm, which includes scheduling all client meetings, court appearances, depositions, and the delivery and protection of confidential documents and correspondences between clients, the courts and other attorneys.
• Provide complete and concise legal research and administrative support by ways of drafting and editing all legal documents to include every day correspondence, as well as court pleadings, motions, and all documents to be served on attorneys, defendants and to be filed with the court; via mail and electronically.
• Assist with trial preparation tasks, such as file maintenance, keeping a tight time line and ensuring all court appearances are accounted for.
• Provide reassurance that our personal accounts, as well as our accounts payable and receivable are in tidy order by way of maintaining clean and organized billing records; both in our legal software as well as Microsoft Money.
Mayo Medical, P.C. (Cortland, NY), June 2012 – April 2014
Patient Care Coordinator
• Organized and maintained the day-to-day operations within a staff of 7, serving and coordinating the needs of over 80 clients a day.
• Built and maintained strong and trusting relationships among clients and business partners, highlighted by the following key elements:
• Actively listening to and anticipating the explicit and implied needs of clients and business partners;
• Prompt response and feedback via multiple communication channels (face-to-face meetings, phone and videoconferencing, e-mail; patient letters) to consistently follow up on said needs;
• Organizing and maintaining detailed, up-to-date, and individualized client files;
• Navigating confidential and sensitive topics/expectations with tact and composure.
• Coordinated and assigned all communications within a medical office, successfully handling over 100 significant correspondences per day (drafting office memos, team and patient letters, phone correspondence and solicitations) with exemplary client satisfaction and positive feedback among coworkers at each organizational level.
• Assisted in spearheading the Medical Weight Loss Program, a regional initiative designed to create and promote awareness for a more sustainable and healthy lifestyle.
BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc. (Ithaca, NY), November 2011-August 2012
Human Resources Assistant/Customer Relations
• Served as an executive administrative assistant for Human Resource Manager, providing comprehensive support to fluid staff of over 120 employees as well as to a diverse clientele.
• Reviewed, screened, and processed all employment applications in order to evaluate the qualifications and eligibility of applicants.
• Recruited, interviewed, and assessed job applicants through a variety of interpersonal and standardized assessment procedures.
• Encouraged and coordinated in-house and external training sessions.
• Provided personnel support, including administrating to matters of health & other employee benefits, payroll, formal employee grievances, and other human relation services.
The Lama Law Firm, LLP (Ithaca, NY), January 2009 – August 2011
• Served as the first point of contact for a general practice of 3 attorneys, which demanded a wide expertise and the clear communication of numerous legal matters to clients.
• Managed the day-to-day operations of a successful firm, which included scheduling all client meetings, court appearances, depositions, and the delivery and protection of confidential documents and correspondences between clients and other attorneys.
• Performed well over 2,000 hours of legal research.
• Collaborated on the start to finish follow through of well over 200 cases during a 2 year period.
• Built and maintained enduring professional relationships with clients and prospective business partners through the co-creation of deliverable but lofty expectations and professional stability.
• Evaluated client needs and formulated individualized plans of action to ensure the efficient and successful progress of each case.
Best Buy Corporation (Ithaca, NY), November 2008 – March 2010
Customer Service Specialist
• Responsible for educating customers on a wide range of topics, guaranteeing their satisfaction through expertise and individualized purchasing options.
• Led store in sales and membership options, receiving 3 distinct recognitions.
• Created fundamental and positive resolutions to clients’ concerns and purchasing demands
• Maintained successful account and inventory/merchandise orders.
• Assisted new-hire employees with questions and concerns regarding their company training processes.
Technical Experience & Skills
• Mastery of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Money)
• Proficiency with LexisNexis and Westlaw and Best Case
• Extensive experience with real-time and online-based communicatory platforms
• Practiced with several operating systems, including Windows and Mac OSX