Alpha Marketing & Management Group, Inc.
612 SW 168 Lane
Pembroke Pines, FL 33027
Phone: 954 392-4016
Cell: 305 469-1882
Seek writing or teaching position that will allow me to use my complete range of communication skills to make a positive contribution to the company or client.
Skills and Abilities
• Prepared Grades 9-12 students for the language arts segment of the SAT
• Prepared students for the FCAT
• Provided grade school students with life skills, job preparation, job search and interviewing skills
• Write creative copy for marketing and public relations projects.
• Researched and wrote a weekly business column.
• Composed essays using APA or MLA format.
• Proof read and edited written materials.
• Designed, developed and implemented marketing campaign and fundraisers for clients
• Evaluated target markets and proposed marketing strategies.
• Initiated volunteer events and activities for a creative arts group
• Taught technical and business communication courses.
• Taught public relations and communications research courses
• Conducted surveys and analyzed results.
• Coordinated, planned and contributed at special events
Business Management & Computer Skills
• Launched and operated a corporation
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Adobe PhotoShop and Web content writing functions.
Education and Training
MBA (Int’l), January 2007, Wayne Huizenga School of Business &
Entrepreneurship, Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale,
Ph.D. Mass Communications, August 1989, University of Wisconsin-
M.A. Mass Communications, Dec. 1985, University of Minnesota-Twin
B.A. English/Journalism, May 1982, Viterbo University, La Crosse, WI.
Annual Writers’ Workshop, sponsored by the Sun-Sentinel and the Poynter Institute.
Alpha Marketing & Management Group, Inc. 1995 – Present
Specialize in Public Relations, Advertising, Copy Writing, Tourism Destination
Marketing, Business Consulting (start up, business analysis, management), Marketing
Former tutor at Huntington Learning Center, Pembroke Pines, FL
Teach journalism, public relations, business writing, mass communication, and research methods courses at South Florida universities. Also teach online.
Eribo, Festus and William Jong-Ebot. Press Freedom and Communication in
Africa. Trenton, NJ: Africa World Press, 1997.
“Ethical Considerations in Surreptitious Newsgathering: Examples from South
Carolina and North Carolina” in Proceedings of the Association for Education in
Journalism and Mass Communication Southeast Colloquium, March 26-28, 1992.
Vol. 1, p. 85.
William Jong-Ebot. Rev. of Computers in Third World Schools by David
Hawkridge, John Jaworski and Harry McMahon. Journal of Communication
44(1), Winter 1994 pp.199-203.
William Jong-Ebot. Rev. of Unholy Alliances: Working the Tawana Brawley
Story by Mike Taibbi and Anna Sims-Phillips. Journal of Black Studies 22(3),
March 1992 pp.445-448.
William Jong-Ebot. Rev. of Journey of Song: Public Life and Morality in Cameroon, 2006. ed. Clare A. Ignatowski. The Leeds University Center for African Studies Bulletin.
Honors and Awards
The Cepress Award for Excellence in Journalism, Viterbo University,
Public Relations Society of America
National Black Public Relations Society
Minority Media and Telecommunications Council
National Association of Black Journalists
Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication
South Florida Black Journalists Association
Local, National and International Service
Judge, Silver Knight Awards, The Miami Herald
Special Rapporteur, Foundation for Democracy in Africa
Instructor, Institute for Democracy in Africa
Board Member, The SPIN Project for Media Diversity and Social Justice
Available upon request