• MA in International Studies (University of Limerick, Ireland)
• BA in Politics and Government (Pacific University, Oregon)
• Study Abroad (Central College, The Netherlands)
• Contracts and Quote Administration
? Co-developed a quote module in Enterprise One software system that allowed the company to reduce cycle time 21days to a day and a half and improve statistics allowing a deeper understanding of price sensitivities.
? Reviewed over 60 contracts including vendor due diligence activities. Established precedence, created digital filing system, prepared new contracts, reviewed new contracts and prepared negotiation strategies.
? Developed customer pricing analyses to defend commerciality and fair and reasonableness assertions under the Federal Acquisitions Regulations (Part 15) and Truth in Negotiations Act, resulting in the retention of $6 million in C17 contracts.
• Project Management
? Contributed to a team process that improved process flow, eliminating over 5 hours of work per week for management and hours of machine downtime, while implementing lean manufacturing, theory of constraints and 5S organizational methods. Presented project updates to senior management and board of directors. Expected impact: increased yearly profit of over $150K.
• Staff Management
? Supervised a staff of six at four store locations.
? Created and implemented various policies that included training policies ranging from how to use the appropriate tools and software to price material to tips for better customer satisfaction that were utilized when training all new staff.
• Store Management
? Accountable for operating stores alone — including answering phones, helping customers, handling inventory and all subsequent paperwork.
• Marketing Support
? Managed, maintained and designed content for sales and marketing information on company website.
? Issued training certificates to clients who had completed the appropriate courses.
? Organized and controlled stock of marketing collateral.
• Management Reporting
? Consolidated weekly marketing reports for distribution to senior management.
• Resource and Inventory Management
? Oversaw complete inventory for all store locations including preparing and reselling of all purchased items.
? Analyzed previous processes such as testing method and pricing updates in order to execute improvements to decrease costs and more accurately predict resale value.
• Conducted research on various topics for clients — which included The Michael J. Fox Foundation, Christopher and Dana Reeves Foundation and universities — and examined the progress of legislative bills deemed important by monitoring government websites, visiting congressional offices and attending meetings on Capitol Hill.
• Attended Congressional hearings about clients’ causes and any possible relevant issues and relayed the significant information