My name is Alma Catic and I am the Chief Grant Consultant and Owner of Catic Nonprofit Solutions who serves nonprofit agencies in the Dallas- Fort Worth (DFW) area. The aim of Catic Nonprofit Solutions-Grant Consulting is to assist DFW area nonprofits in enhancing their organizational fundraising capacity and increasing their overall revenue. Our objective is to bring the skills and expertise we have acquired over the years and apply them to fulfill funding gaps experienced by many area nonprofits.
Over the years, I have written various federal, state, municipal, corporate, and foundation grant proposals for local nonprofits that were successfully awarded by institutions such as the following: United Way; National Institutes of Health (NIH); Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC); Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA); Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS); Cancer Prevention Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT); City of Plano; City of Frisco; City of McKinney; Communities Foundation of Texas; Nokia Foundation; and, IKEA Foundation.
My main objective in writing you is to bring the skills I have acquired over the years and applying them to fulfill your organization’s funding needs. Please, feel free to contact me at email@example.com to inquire more information. Thank you very much!
Chief Grant Consultant
Catic Nonprofit Solutions
To obtain a contract/temporary position as a Consultant.
• Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Effective leadership/management skills.
• Highly creative and adapted problem solver with impeccable attention for details.
• Work effectively with others in a team environment as well as independently.
• Fluent in German and Serbo-Croatian.
Texas Woman’s University Denton, Texas August, 2010
Bachelor of Science in Health Studies/Public Health
Grant and Compliance Manager – Hope’s Door, Inc:
• Managing Hope’s Door grant development initiatives from inception to completion including: conceptualizing, planning, writing, editing, stewarding, and reporting to funding parties (including both financial and programmatic reporting).
• Assessing organizational funding needs and researching foundation, corporation, and governmental funding sources tailored to needs.
• Developing and implementing plans for donor cultivation and sponsorship solicitations.
• Evaluating and developing designs to assess organizational effectiveness and quality assurance.
Program/Evaluation Specialist- Mental Health Mental Retardation (MHMR) of Tarrant County:
• Program planning and implementation of various program related activities including conducting educational workshops, HIV testing, health fairs, and health educational symposiums.
• Developing evaluation study approaches including drafting or selecting appropriate instrumentation/surveys aided by extensive reviews of literature on evidence based methodology and practices.
• Conducting evaluations, needs assessments, and field related work including interviewing study sample participants as well as stakeholders.
• Qualitative and quantitative data analysis and SPSS knowledge.
• Writing grant proposals for both federal and state funding requests.
-Chief Grant Consultant/ 08/2014-present Catic Nonprofit Solutions, Dallas, TX
-Grant Manager 12/2013- 08/2014 Hope’s Door, Inc., Plano, TX
-Program/Evaluation 12/2010- 12/2013 MHMR of Tarrant County, Fort Worth, TX
-Health Educator Intern 05/2010- 08/2010 Christian Community Action, Lewisville, TX
-Student/ 08/2007- 05/2010 Texas Woman’s Univ., Denton, TX
?Officer/Treasurer- Eta Sigma Gamma National Professional Health
Education Honorary Society