SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Experienced business professional and creative director specializing in experiential marketing and events. Excel at strategic event planning and project management of high detail responsibilities and innovative projects that instill brand love. The ideal atmosphere is where new ideas are welcome and quick decision making is required.
CORE COMPETENCIES INCLUDE
Key Relationship Builder with Diverse Audiences Adapts Readily to Change Innovative, Strategic and Conceptual Thinker
Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills Effective Organizational and Time Management Skills Leads by Setting Direction, Developing Teamwork and Collaboration
Creative Problem Solver Ability to Handle Multiple Details Experienced Negotiator of Pricing and Concessions
CLIENT BUSINESS EXPERIENCE
Target Corporation Minneapolis, Minnesota 07/11 – 07/14
Senior Experiential Marketing and Alliances
Manage the strategy and execution of Target's Style and Fashion merchandising categories through events and experiential marketing. This includes owned brand apparel, accessories, baby, swim, home and seasonal including such brands as Philip Lim 3.1, Merona, Mossimo, Xhiliration, Threshold, C9 by Champion, Nate Berkus and others. Develop guest facing campaigns that engage, influence, drive traffic and sales and awareness of product lines through events, pop-up stores, editor previews, social and digital campaigns and other traditional media channels. Other categories include Back to College, Branding & Community Relations.
• Managed 60+ events totaling over $25M and reaching over 1B impressions collectively
• Developed strategy, creative direction and production of 50 School Library Makeovers nationally providing over 20k books and supplies to students and instituting a monthly food pantry for families of 22+ lbs of food.
• BizBash Top #1 (2013)- #3 (2014) Innovative Brand past 4 years, Gold Effie Award Back to College, Event Marketer Grand EX Award, #1 Campaign for Back to College, CLIO Image Gold Award Philip Lim Stylescape.
• Shakira album release with iHeartRadio, 100k military care kits for President Obama Nat’l Day of Service, Give With Target $5M school supply initiative and national celebration bus tour, Back to College program at 30 schools with 25 vendors and 80k students within $3M budget.
Marketing Planner 11/09 – 07/11
Responsible for planning key marketing initiatives for Target’s Community Relations programming and delivering brand consistent messaging and events across internal partners.
• Develop and produce monthly company publication highlighting Community Relations strategy, key messages and corporate communication for C- and Executive level.
• Engage and manage relationships with national non-profits, identifying and monitoring cohesive marketing projects between internal and external providers to gain positive media influence.
• Connect cross over projects within divisions to drive synergies and efficiencies in community projects.
• Initiated new social networking and online media portal to connect corporate and field team members with consistent marketing messaging for Target’s $3M a week giving story.
Senior Business Analyst 09/06 – 11/09
On Target’s global sourcing & merchandising team, managing relationships with International business partners in more than 10 countries to design and execute owned brand and designer goods such as Chefmate, Michael Graves, and Giada de Laurentiis while increasing margin profitability.
• Manage the business execution of $3.6B of goods in kitchenware, entertainment and electronics including product development, strategic costing negotiations, forecasting and inventory management.
• Lead collaboration with buyers, designers and vendors to market over 1,500 unique items in store.
• Manage analyst team and summer intern to develop new shipping strategy saving $1.6M in shipment costs.
• Produced corporate and in-store special events in the US and developed marketing campaign for the launch of celebrity design partnerships with the Food Network and Target in excess of $25M. Events include book signing, meet & greet, product food testing, in-store sampling, online look book and branding giveaways.
BUSINESS EXPERIENCE (continued)
Air Tran Airways Oxford, Ohio & Atlanta, Georgia 11/05 – 06/06
Public Relations Director
• Marketing and Ad campaign joining elements of research analysis, strategy and graphic design.
• Manager of 25 cross functional team members developing program that grew AirTran Airway’s student standby program 200% to $18M.
• Created 4 print campaigns, online social networking programs, and viral media for local and national outlets with $10K budget on a 4 month timeline.
Miami University Orientation Programs Oxford, Ohio 04/04 – 01/05
Director of Orientation Programs, Summer Orientation Leader
• Lead facilitator for 20 student group discussions and coordinated annual orientation session with university admissions offices.
• Miami University ambassador to incoming first-year class of 3,500 students.
• Developed onboarding programming for 15 person staff, print and web materials with budget of $100K for Class of 2009 orientation.
Strategic Event Marketing Minneapolis, Minnesota 02/07 – 11/09
Director and Producer
• Produced public and private VIP red carpet premiere screening events for Project Runway Season 6 with Christopher Straub and Ra’mon-Lawrence Coleman for 4,000 influencers in St. Paul, MN.
• Directed vignette runway show including music direction, lighting design and stage presentation for 20 look collection.
• Produced opening celebration and VIP Halloween event for OM Restaurant in Minneapolis. Managed sponsorships including Opulent Vodka and Veuve Clicquot Champagne, professional photographers, light and music stagers. Managed all pre and post media press coverage with celebrity client list.
ra’mon-lawrence designs New York, New York 08/09
Managing creative producer and Director
• Directed New York Fashion Week show for Project Runway season 6 contestant Ra’mon-Lawrence Coleman.
• Coordinated budget, production staff, venue and press. Negotiated contracts with sponsors and produced creative media including online and print media. Managed VIP hosting and PR agency contracts with celebrity clients.
Eluded Love Fashion Show Minneapolis, Minnesota 11/07 – 05/08
Creative Event Director/Producer
• Translated the vision of the designer into conceptual stage presentation and venue design.
• For a national audience of over 500 artists, managed layout, production and visuals for MN Fashion Week show. Led production team to create lighting, runway and staging.
• Managed relationships with local and national media outlets to provide pre and post press coverage of the event including print, video and still photo.
Miami University Oxford, Ohio 08/02 – 05/06
BA in Public Relations
BA in Political Science
Dolibois European Center Differdange, Luxembourg 12/04 – 05/05
European Political Relations and French Linguistic focus (7 years spoken language)