Telegent Systems (Sunnyvale, CA) 2008 – Now
Senior staff engineer
• Developing firmware for the mobile DVB-T chip with onchip Tensilica CPU. The roles of firmware I developed include controlling DVB-T demultiplexer, audio decoding and output, audio and video frame buffer, communication with video decoding DSP, audio and video synchronization.
• Validation of individual hardware modules include CPU, memory, demultiplxer, audio output, as well as the whole system validation.
• Designing API and API document for exposing the chip functions to customers. Controlling the release cycles of the APIs.
• Developing control software for video output, audio output, adaptive frame averaging, audio automatic gain control etc modules inside the mobile Analog TV chip.
• Developing Linux device driver for mobile TV chip.
Micronas USA (Santa Clara, CA) 2005 – 2008
Senior firmware engineer
• Developing firmware on MIPS platform which controls the entire decoding flow for Micronas J2 multi-format high definition video/audio decoder chip.
• Developing reference device driver and decoding application on Linux for playing back various types of video/audio streams on Micronas J2 multi-format high definition video/audio decoder chip
WISChip Technologies Inc (Santa Clara, CA) 2000 – 2005
Lead Engineer of software developing group
• Developing Audio/Video device driver on Windows CE and Linux platform for WISChip WMV9/H.264 video decoder SoC Chip(Decypher 8100)
• Developing IPTV Sample application.
• Developing Windows BDA driver for WISChip PCI TV Tuner reference design board based on WISChip GO7007SB MPEG1/2/4 video compression chip and Philips SAA7135 chip.
• Developing device driver for WISChip USB TV Tuner/PC camera reference design board based on WISChip GO7007SB MPEG1/2/4 video compression chip and Cypress USB Controller chip on Windows/Linux/Windows CE platform
• Developing Video/Audio capture/TV Tuner sample application (Microsoft DirectShow architecture).
• Developing video streaming server sample application(TCP/UDP/Multicasting, RTP/RTCP, MPEG2/4 Payload, Linux platform)
• Coordinate with third parties (Microsoft, DivX, Intervideo, etc) for integration and certification
Dayang Technology Development Inc (Shanghai, China) 1996 – 2000
Senior Software Developing Engineer
• Developing real time nonlinear video editing application base on Matrox Digisuite video capture/MJPEG codec/edit board (Microsoft DirectShow, MFC).
• Developing real time video broadcasting application base on Pinnacle 7/14 Channels Media Stream Server Model 700/1400.
• Developing communication module between video editing workstations and broadcasting workstations (Windows, TCP/IP, MFC).
• Developing TV station programs managing application (Visual C++, MFC, Microsoft SQL Server)
Application Solution and Technology Inc (Headquarter in Rockville, MA, Branch in Shanghai, China) 1993 - 1996
• Developing supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) software (Visual C++, Sybase SQL Server)
• Developing control panel plug-in for Genoa (Silicon Valley based) Phantom 64 Graphics card
Shanghai Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics 1990 - 1993
• Researching/developing of image process software