HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
Employee Relations ~ Labor Relations ~ Organizational Development
Results-oriented senior human resources leader with over 22 years experience providing strategic human resources leadership in employees and labor relations, organizational development and performance management initiatives. Champion of HR initiatives that drives corporate strategies in Employee Relations, Organizational Development, Performance Management and engagement of associates. Background includes providing human resources guidance and consultation to diverse industries including Du Pont Company, Pershing LLC, Montclair State University and the County of Salem. Demonstrated ability to integrate HR initiatives that impact client operations and results and provides strategic HR guidance to senior business leaders.
Salem Community College 2014 - present
Director of Off-Campus Programming
• Oversee the Salem Center facilities.
• Develop and execute programming/services to generate revenue for Salem Community College.
• Manage the Glass Education Center facility, equipment and personnel.
• Review, research and create data analysis and special reports
County of Salem, Salem, New Jersey 2012 - 2014
County Administrator/Human Resources Director
• Managed the administration of county government.
• Managed Human Resources Department and supervise staff of six associates.
• Conducted contract negotiations with eight unions.
• Served as Hearing Officer for all disciplinary and termination hearings and second step grievances.
• Supervised the care and custody of all county property, institutions and agencies.
• Directed, supervised and oversaw the work of all County officers, departments and employees.
• Reviewed, analyzed and forecasted trends of County services, finances and programs of all boards, commissions, agencies and other County affiliations.
• Developed, implemented and maintained centralized budgeting, personnel and purchasing procedures.
• Oversaw and established budget procedures for all county departments, offices and agencies, and supervise and administer all phases of the budgetary process.
EDF & Associates, Woodstown, New Jersey 2007 - 2012
• Designed diversity and human resources initiatives and development operations for clients and partners within the public, healthcare and government sector.
• Championed regional directors and site managers to integrate “best practices” for employee attrition along with talent acquisition including recruiting, disciplinary action, safety and workers compensation.
• Designed diversity awareness program in support of Delaware School Board Association. Provided on-site training for 65 school board members and superintendents statewide.
• Championed “Train the Trainer” diversity workshop (Expect Respect Facilitator) across six business divisions within DuPont Fayetteville healthcare location.
• Implemented Expect Respect training for site leaders at DuPont Yerkes location. Provide consultative advice on strategy implementation to plant management and senior leaders. Trained 100 leaders.
• Designed and implemented DuPont Capital Management (Wilmington, DE) Expect Respect Training strategy in conjunction with CEO and leadership team. Directed training resources ensuring success of zero-tolerance diversity program.
MONTCLAIR STATE UNIVERSITY, Montclair, New Jersey 2007
Project Team Lead, Human Resources
• Monitored and tracked process improvement effort for New Jersey Department of Education (NJDOE). Managed operational review process including project implementation, capacity planning and governance team.
• Enhanced NJDOE’s performance management operations ensuring compliance with state and regulatory mandates. Developed production and ad hoc reporting.
• Enhanced operational performance by integrating automated processes that supported human resource division; managed vendor operations.
• Consulted and trained end users on all HR policies; enforced data integrity and compliance efforts.
• Led initiative to implement regulatory governance across reporting requirements such as headcount and EEOC statistics.
PERSHING LLC, Jersey City, New Jersey 2006
• Led diversity and inclusion training program implementing overall strategy for 2,000 senior business leaders.
• Collaborated with C-level executives and managing directors to develop program schedules along with diversity and inclusion policies.
• Ensured project timelines, milestones and program directives were on time and within scope.
E.I. DUPONT DE NEMOURS COMPANY, Wilmington, Delaware 1990 - 2005
Human Resources Manager
• Established human resources, change management, organizational development programs for 6,000 associates across 15 sites addressing employee relations, harassment and performance management issues.
• Supervised 55 associates.
• Partnered with business leaders to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, and initiatives throughout the organization.
• Identified key HR performance indicators and metrics and developed performance management plans to support 6,000 employees across corporate business division.
• Spearheaded $50 million SAP project and training effort division-wide, reducing overall capital budget 10%.
• Evaluated and implemented SAP training module for 1,700 end user community, ensuring program was implemented across 18 plants on time and under budget.
• Developed HR intervention programs for 300 research and development management covering employee relations, performance management, talent acquisition, and safety issues.
GOLDEY-BEACOM COLLEGE, Wilmington, Delaware
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
CERTIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
Society of Human Resource Management, Villanova University