474 McKinley Avenue – Grosse Pointe Farms, MI 48236 - email@example.com
Call 313-570-3028 _ Home 313-885 – 0728
To advance my career in the field of Machine Tool Design
ACCOMPLISH CAD DESIGNER offering a solid education background, extensive experience and a strong record of performance. Significations include;
1. Proficient in Windows, ANSI Y14.5, MIL-T-31000, Auto CAD, Auto-desk Inventor, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and SNAG-IT screen capture.
2. Multi-faceted, with extensive experience in project management, and full lifecycle manufacturing and mechanical engineering, drafting and design functions and free hand concept sketching out designs before using CAD design tools.
3. Meeting deadlines with quality results through time management and attention to detail.
4. Continually achieving high levels of productivity and efficiency through planning, prioritizing and multi-tasking.
5. Providing total commitment to colleagues, clients and the organization as a whole.
6. Pursuing education in new skills and trends in order to be better prepared to face future challenges and responsibilities. Upholding high levels of confidentiality, initiative and personal/organizational integrity.
7. Adept at clearly establishing priorities, coordinating with cross-functional teams and driving timely and accurate completion of complex, small and large-scale mechanical design projects.
8. Outstanding ability to gather and translate complex technical requirements into practical, reliable cost-effective CAD design solutions.
9. Broad experience in planning and preparation of plans for production system, machinery and equipment development.
10. Skilled in designing machines, conveyor systems, tooling, fixtures, gauges, and all types of manufacturing equipment. Able to solve floor manufacturing problems.
11. Assess pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability; replace ability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost: coordinate with multiple stakeholders simultaneously.
12. Proficient in ANSI Y14.5, MIL-T-31000, AutoCAD, Autodesk AutoCAD and 3D parametric Inventor software.
Redesigned two types of airport luggage conveyors (slop plate and flat plate conveyors), change both conveyor electric gear motor chain drives to friction flat belt drives. The flat belt is spring pads pressed against flat belt sliding agents the chain links to pull the conveyor along its path so when luggage jams the conveyor would stop because the flat belt would slip along the side of the flat links.
Designed overhead monorail 22-foot indexing conveyor shuttle drive to start and stop at both ends of the transferring index.
Assisted in the design of “magnetic linear stator motors and brakes” for the rising and lowering elevator platform on ships. Reversed design cargo storage racks for ship stator motors moving pallets on floor tracks.
Created design proposal for 36-inch diameter 125 HP deck wench for assisting in docking of ships.
Produced plant layout modeled in 3D CAD, from 2D AutoCAD conveyor system drawings, per costumer request. (This 3D CAD modeling grows to a size of 2G).
You can see samples of my work at: https://www.elance.com/s/jdscannell
I have many more examples of my work in JPG format that can be reviewed during an interview. I look forward to having an interview.