Nathan Patel, M.D.
9 Spinnaker Drive
Barrington, RI 02806
June 2011- June 2014 Rochester General Hospital
Internal Medicine Residency Program
Rochester, New York
June 2010 – June 2011 Mid-Michigan Medical Center
Sept.2005 – May 2010 Ross University School of Medicine
Commonwealth of Dominica, West Indies
Sept. 2001 – Jan. 2005 Boston University
July 13th, 2013 – 2015 Danville VA Hospital
Dec. 2013 - Present Fall River Clinical Research
Occupational Medicine Clinic
April 2014 - Present Censeo Health
• Primary Care/Preventive Medicine for Medicare and Medicare Advantage Patients
March 2009 – June 2010 Boston University
Department of Pathology
• Help conduct literature surveys for Notch gene activity.
• Statistical analysis of genes/products.
• Produced immunohistochem slides, in-situ hybridizations, RT-PCR, microarray analysis reports, and maintained lung cultures in order to measure murine Notch gene activity.
Sept. 2001 – Sept. 2005 Fall River Medical Walk-In
Medical Clerk Assistant
Fall River, MA
• Assisted in medical billing
• Assisted in locating patient’s charts
• Assisted nurses and doctors in patient care (i.e. blood pressure, venous puncture, ECG, spirometer tests, chest x-rays)
Sept. 2006 – Sept. 2007 Ross University School Of Medicine
Dominica, West Indies
• Tutored students in Medical Physiology and Biochemistry for Ross mini exams and NBME subject shelf-exams.
April 2009 – June 2010 Boston University School of Medicine
Dept. of Pathology
• Performed research on the association of the Notch gene with COPD and asthma using in situ hybridization techniques on mice embryos.
Sept. 2004-Jan.2005 Boston University School of Medicine
Dept. of Endocrinology
• Performed research on the effects of Thyroid hormones on wound healing at Boston University School of Medicine. Director: Dr. Joshua Safer, M.D.
Jan. 2001- Jan. 2002 Rhode Island Secretary of State Leadership Award
for Outstanding Leadership
Jan. 2000 - Present Shri Swaminarayan Mandir (Hindu temple)
• Helped build the temple and make preparations for its opening in 2001.
• Assisted in cooking meals for caterings and other major events
Jan. 2006 – May 2007 Physician for Human Rights
Roseau, Commonwealth of Dominica
• Took blood pressure and drew blood from local Dominicans
• Taught students the game of chess and played chess with them
• Educated Dominicans about hypertension, cardiac disease, and diabetes
Sept. 2004- May 2005 Brigham & Women’s Hospital
Hospital Volunteer worker
• Assisted in out-patient care and wheelchair service
• Greeted patients and directed them to their desired locations
• Helped out front desk when assistance was required
Sept. 2002- May 2003 Massachusetts General Hospital
Emergency Department Floor Assistant
• Transported specimens to their respected labs (chemistry, hematology, etc.)
• Notified doctors of patients’ needs and concerns and addressed them
• Provided blankets for patients and wheelchair transport