To gain a position in which I will use my superior Arabic language skills to facilitate client needs.
* Arabic (Modern/Classical) Fluent 5/5 scales, speak, read and write: several Iraqi, Lebanese, Egyptian, Jordanian, Syrian and Gulf Region dialects (Professional and Technical level.)
* English 5/5 scale (Professional and Technical level).
** NOTE: Native Proficiency in Arabic and English speaking, reading and writing level 5/5 of Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) and 5/5 Oral proficiency Interview (OPI)
* Assyrian – Fluent (4+): Conversational
* Chaldean – Conversational
* French – Conversational
* Ability to type in Arabic
* Skilled in the Microsoft Office suite
* Proven strong research ability and excellent report writing, editing, proofreading, and analytical skills in English and Arabic
* Ability to capture all of the meaning and Intent of the original document.
EXPERIENCE – RELEVANT TO THE LANGUAGES OF THE ARAB WORLD
July 2011 – current
Freelance translating and quality control (out of home) for several clients to included medical and legal translations of documents.
May 2009 – May 2011
US Department of Defense Washington, D.C.
April 2008 – 2011 Houston, TX
Part time freelance translating, QC and Editing (out of home), work also performed on several client sites in the US.
January 2007 – November 2007 Washington, D.C.
Translating for the US Department of Justice
November 2005 – December 2006 Houston, TX
Part time freelance translating
January 2003 – October 2005 Washington, D.C.
Translator for the US Department of Defense
? Pertaining to my work above both state side and overseas, was based on my extensive knowledge of Arabic culture of the Middle East region to include the Levantine dialect, with native familiarity, ability to operate within the local populace, experience interpreting and translating Arabic into English and vice versa.
? Ability to understand the essentials of all speech in standard dialect and vocabulary rarely requiring the need for paraphrasing or explanation, hence capturing to the greatest extent all nuances intended in the source spoken language with flawless expression.
? Ability to produce fully translations in a number of subject fields. When the need arises to perform in areas outside of specialization, I am able to reach a successful level of performance given the time necessary for acquiring the relevant knowledge of subject matter.
? Given the above, I have conducted accurate and consecutive translation, transcription and interpretation from Arabic into English and vice versa, translated various syntax and expressions to include colloquial and slang phrases. I have worked and traveled in austere environments, provided advice on culture and ethnic significance of statements, conversations, situations and documents. Accurately scanned, researched and analyzed foreign language documents.
October 2000 – June 2001 Chicago, IL
Patient Care Advocate and Arabic Interpreter and Liaison at a major Hospital in Chicago
1994 – 1996 Houston, TX
Medical Interpreter – MD Anderson Cancer Center. Houston, TX. 1994 – 1996
* Completed training in medical terminology in English and Arabic.
* Translated English and Arabic for physicians and Middle Eastern patients and their families in highly sensitive cancer-related situations.
* Entrusted as the liaison between high priority patients and the hospital administration to facilitate their experience at the cancer center. Tasks included arranging medical paperwork, coordinating appointments, and being present during the immediate preoperative and postoperative periods. Further, I assisted these patients and their families in their basic living requirements in Houston, TX, a completely foreign sociocultural environment than those from which they came.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (B.S.B.A.): accounting and economics
Professional Certificate, Business Administration and Management: