Quality-oriented copyeditor, writer, and proofreader with 10 years’ experience in the publishing industry, attention to detail, and the ability to maintain accuracy in a deadline-driven environment. Experienced project manager able to coordinate the work of authors, copyeditors, proofreaders, typesetters and compositors, and designers.
Tora Estep Editorial Services April 2011 to present
Freelance editor, proofreader, writer, and blogger
American Society for Training & Development February 2007 to April 2011
Senior Associate Editor
* Project manage 10-12 books per year: Coordinate workflow among authors, freelance copyeditors, proofreaders, and typesetters; manage production schedules; and perform quality checks at all stages of production
* Review book manuscripts and provide thorough guidelines regarding editorial direction, carry out developmental editing as needed, and provide useful feedback on first drafts and proposals
* Support marketing for ASTD Press, including blogging regularly about new books, using social media outlets, and building web pages
* Collaborate on text and cover designs with external vendors and internal design department
* Copyedit, write, and provide editorial support as needed for books, Infolines, research reports, and other projects.
Associate Editor June 2003 to February 2007
* Manage production for and copyedit ASTD’s monthly how-to publication Infoline
* Acquire Infoline manuscripts and develop the annual calendar to align with customer requirements, trends, and so forth
* Copyedit the ASTD Learning System, a 10-book test preparation kit for the ASTD CPLP Certification program and create ancillary products.
International Communications, Inc. April 2001 to June 2003
* Copyedit books for clients such as the World Bank and the International Development Bank as assigned
* Write articles for the U.S. Southern Command’s magazine Diálogo as assigned.
University of Colorado, Boulder January 1993 to May 1996
* BA, Anthropology