Curious - Owner / Designer
November 2003 - Present
Small design firm focusing on producing a wide variety of print and web solutions, and support services to other design firms and advertising agencies.
ThorWorks Industries/ThorSport Racing - Art Director / Designer
August 2007 - March 2014
ThorWorks Industries - Coatings and equipment manufacturer. Including retail brands distributed at Lowe’s and Menards stores and a franchise system with over 65 locations nationwide.
• Conceptual, design, pre-press and press proofing of print work including marketing and in-store sales material and signage, packaging (pressure sensitive labels and stretch sleeves), and proposals.
- Manage product SKU numbers and UPC codes
- Work with translation companies
• Design, development, and coding of web sites.
• Design of trade show booths.
• Photography of products and equipment for marketing and vendor use.
• Managed and negotiated copier/printer contracts and sourcing paper to control cost.
ThorSport Racing - NASCAR and ARCA Racing Series teams.
• Design and construction of sponsorship proposals including market activation strategies.
• Conceptual, design, and implementation of sponsor paint schemes on the race vehicles and all supporting equipment and apparel. The vehicle paint schemes included the understanding of large format printing on vinyl (vehicle wraps). Worked with governing bodies’ rules and regulations to assure paint scheme approval.
• Design and updating of team web sites.
• Driver and vehicle photography for team use and sponsor marketing campaigns.
Mark Advertising - Designer / Job Manager
July 2001 - November 2003
Full service print and web design firm. Responsible for conceptual, design, pre-press and press proofing of print work and the development and programming of web sites for a diverse client base.
Blue Cosmos Design - Designer
January 2000 - July 2001
Design firm specializing in print design, identity systems, multimedia design, and web design. Developed various print materials, web sites, and aided in the coding of web sites. Duties included mock up construction, presentation construction, and press checks.
Mastery of Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, QuarkXpress, Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS and Photography. Working knowledge of Magento, Joomla, WordPress, Flash, Premier, Final Cut, Acrobat, Pages, Numbers, and Microsoft Office.
Other Skills - metal sculpting/welding, drawing, and painting.
University of Cincinnati - 1995 - 2000
College of Design, Architecture, Art and Planning. Graphic design major participating in the Professional Practice Program (Co-Op), alternating quarters of study with work in the field of graphic design.