329 Maple Grove, Avenue.
Bradford, Ontario L3Z 1V8
An organized, hard worker with extensive customer service and production experience gained in the printing industry. Proven abilities to communicate with customers and staff ensuring quality work and meeting deadlines. An outgoing responsible team player.
St. Joseph Printing
Customer Service Production, 2004 to Present time
I am responsible for overseeing the production of several accounts per month.
(Toronto Life, Canadian Family, Where Magazine, Direct Buy, Green Living
Home Magazine, Eco Magazine, and several various Commercial Inserts)
-Take ownership of assigned accounts throughout the complete manufacturing process.
-Work with Sales department, suppliers and clients on various aspects of each job. Keep in contact with each department within the plant to ensure information flows smoothly throughout the jobs production.
-Prepare layouts and all information pertaining to the Pre Press Dept.
-Order any special Ink and outside finishing involved in the job.
-Ensure Paper Department is aware and has ordered any paper pertaining to job.
-Attend scheduling meetings and pre pair all Press Dockets and organize color OK’s.
-Set up pre-production meetings as required.
-Prepare Bindery Dockets and all information for the packaging and distributions of the job.
-Pre pair all invoicing summaries and any additional cost for Sales and Accounting.
- Make up Dummy samples and prepare grids for clients on insert specifications.
- Work with VI department to ensure all Mailing specifications are met.
Tip Top Bindery LTD.
Production Assistant. 1995 - 2004
Responsible for assisting Production Manager on several accounts.
(Sears, Wal-Mart, Starweek, Computer Paper)
- Customer Service, to update customers and contractors on each stage of Production. (Quebecor, Transcontinental Printing, St Joseph Printing, Metroland Printers.)
- Purchaser and Inventory Clerk for Plant and Office.
- Supervised plant workers in various areas of production.
- Computer inputting Windows XP program, Docket program, Word and Excel.
- Create bindery dockets and shipping dockets. Close jobs for invoicing.
- Merging employee hours. Administrative paper work.
- Tracking machine speeds and piecework production.
- Train new employees for office and plant work.
-Organized shipping and couriers.
-Participated in Research and Development committee.
- Participated in Social Committee.
- Attend monthly production meeting and take minutes.
QUEBECOR PRINTING INC,.
Customer Service Rep., 1979- 1994
Responsible for overseeing the production of ten accounts per month.
(Time Magazine, Sports Illustrated, Tribute, Canadian Workshop, Radio Shack,
Kraft General Foods, Consumers Distributing, Grand and Toy)
- Attended production meetings with five departments in plant to discuss
New accounts, “challenging ” customers and follow- up.
- Update customers and contractors on each stage of production.
- Visited customers and conducted tours around plant.
- Trained new customer service reps, on scheduling production, ordering
Supplies, organizing files, and communicating with customers.
- Computer inputting.
- Calculated weight and volume of finished product.
- Saved company money by spotting errors before production stage.
-Communicated with four production departments to ensure quality of product.
- Visited other plants to check quality.
- Check the overall appearance of product.
- Organized mail, courier, airfreight, and ground deliveries.
- Trained new staff.
Grade 12 Diploma, Markham District High School, 1979
Courses: In house courses on Pre- press, Press, Bindery and Traffic processes. Safety and First Aid.
Art, Cooking, Sports, Gardening
Member of Staff Association to raise money for charity and organize company events