Tierra L. Reid
3033 Bergman Street * Pittsburgh, PA 15204
Mobile:(412) 608-4627 * Email: email@example.com
My goal is to enhance and help organizations achieve their operational goals by incorporating my various skills and accomplishments.
PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company/ The Miles Group * Independent Producer Export, PA * 2/2014 – Present
As an independent producer with LHLIC / TMG, I am tasked with helping my clients make sure that they and their families have peace of mind by providing their funeral funding, planning and accidental coverage. This is a commission only based position and the agency services clients in the Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia, Indiana, Ohio and Florida states. We are currently the #1 Final Expense insurer and agency in the nation.
UPMC Health Plan * Team Leader * Pittsburgh, PA * 10/2009- 6/2014
The responsibilities for this position included and were not limited to:
• Assistant managing of the Medicare/ Specialty Needs Member Services team on a daily basis
• Meeting weekly side-by-side coaching with my specific team members
• Building team moral by organizing team events
• Educating and training team members on products, policies and procedures
• Resolving escalated team member and Medicare Compliance issues
• Reviewing and resolving substandard after call surveys to maintain first call resolution
• Educating Medicare, Medicaid and Medicare Special Needs members on all aspects of their healthcare coverage
• Developing personal relationships with members by attending retention meetings and social events
• Assisting as a Service Sales Consultant at the Health Plan’s new South Hills Village Mall retail location; educating prospective members and small business owners the best insurance policies to meet their needs.
• Accurately documenting each internal and outbound call
• Investigating inquiries and correspondence from members
• Following up on calls to convey results of investigations
• Conducting various outbound campaigns and special projects to meet business needs
PNC Bank, N.A. * Work-at-Home Financial Service & Sales Consultant
Pittsburgh, PA * 01/2007- 06/2009
As a Financial Service and Sales Consultant for PNC Bank I wore many hats; from member banking servicing to member personal and home loans and line of credit services, to selling inbound loans and lines of credit. Requirements involved:
• Servicing PNC Bank and non-PNC customers by responding to their online inquiries, via PNC Live Chat function, about PNC products and services and taking applications if desired.
• Explaining policies and procedures, providing alternative product solutions, and submitting request on behalf of the customer
• Payment processing as well as selling personal, auto, home equity loans and lines of credit.
Comcast Cable Co. * Sales Support Representative & Customer Account Executive Pittsburgh, PA * 10/2005 – 12/2006
My responsibilities included:
• Confer with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products or services, take or enter orders, cancel accounts, or obtain details of complaints.
• Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
• Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
• Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, or arrange for billing.
• Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
• Contact customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results or any planned adjustments.
• Resolve customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, or adjusting bills.
• Complete contract forms, prepare change of address records, or issue service discontinuance orders, using computers.
• Solicit sales of new or additional services or products.
• Recommend improvements in products, packaging, shipping, service, or billing methods and procedures to prevent future problems.
• Order tests that could determine the causes of product malfunctions.
Jacob Ash Holdings, Inc. * Customer Service Representative & Administrative Assistant Pittsburgh, PA * 06/2002 - 10/2005
My responsibilities included:
• Assisting customers in problem solving, tracking shipments, issuing credits for returns, and giving shipment departure dates and times.
• Order entry, filing, preparing and dispersing reports, purchasing, as well as, various administrative functions
VOLUNTEER WORK HISTORY
W.E. Ministry of Abiding Faith Ministry * Administrative Assistant
Pittsburgh, PA * 4/2011-PRESENT
As a member of the W.E. Ministry Leadership Board, it is my duty to help the ministry maintain their effectiveness in leadership by:
• Recording, filing and disbursement of all meeting minutes.
• Creating, filing and disbursement of event flyers, invitations and brochures.
• Creating and maintaining social media pages; such as Facebook.
Creative Media & Publications Ministry of Abiding Faith Ministry * Coordinator & Artisan PITTSBURGH, PA * 11/2014 – PRESENT
As the coordinator and artisan of AFM Creative Media & Publications Ministry, it is my responsibility to do all of the following:
• Create and maintain social media advertisements (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram) and the church website (www.abidingfaithministry.org).
• Record and document weekly services to advertise on social media and our websites.
• Create, file, purchase printing and disbursement of event flyers, programs, welcome packets and brochures for the church and its’ various ministries (Examples can be provided if desired).
• University of Phoenix, Axia College of Distance Learning,
Concentration in Fundamentals of Business Management, 2008-2009
• Community College of Allegheny County, PA,
Concentration in Business Management, 2000-2001
• Penn State University, McKeesport, PA,
Concentration in Business Administration, 1998-2000
RELEVANT COURSE WORK
**TMG Sales Presentation/Core Training **Contemporary Business Communication **Business Marketing and Advertising **Skills for Learning in an Information Age **Critical Thinking **Introduction to Business **Effective Essay Writing
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
• Licensed Minister of Abiding Faith Ministry as of 1/4/14
• Act 33/34 Clearance with Abiding Faith Ministry as of 08/2014 to Present
• Pennsylvania Accident, Health, Life and Fixed Annuities License
License Number 684238 * Effective Date: 11/12/2013 to Expiration Date: 07/31/2016
SKILLS AND PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE
**Intermediate Social Media Development and Maintenance for Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest **Intermediate Website Development and Maintenance**Publications Specialist for flyers, invitations, programs and brochures for various occasions**Lincoln Heritage Funeral Advantage Final Expense Whole Life Insurance**UPMC for Life Medicare Plans **UPMC for Life Specialty Needs Plan **UPMC for You Medical Assistance Plans **MC400 **Sanovia **Posnet **ESI-Compass **File-Net
**EDI-Acuate **Microsoft Applications: Experience in Microsoft Work, Power Point, Outlook and Excel **UPMC Business Writing **Image Cast **InvoiceNow Premium Billing System**Medicare Compliance
• Promotion to Team Lead of UPMC Medicare & Specialty Needs Member Service: March of 2014
• Promotion to Customer Service Analyst: October of 2013
• UPMC Health Plan Most Valuable Peer Award: October 2013
• Promotion to Customer Service Concierge: August 2012
• Chosen to have JD Power’s Representative audit my calls: August 2011
• Promotion to Senior Customer Service Representative: April 2011
• PNC Bank Service Excellence Award Winner: November 2008
*Deacon Tamara Mudd ~ Abiding Faith Ministry ~ (412) 973-7210
3001 Bergman St, Pittsburgh, PA 15204
*Pastor Joyce M. Owens ~ Abiding Faith Ministry ~ (412) 418-4678
3001 Bergman St, Pittsburgh, PA 15204
*Ann Moreth ~ Coordinator & Manager of UPMC for Life Medicare Member Services ~ (412) 454-5265
600 Grant Street, USX Tower 23rd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
*Jana L. Ford ~ Sprint University Training Facilitator ~ (216) 338-1008
1410 Cleveland Heights Blvd., Cleveland Hts, OH 44121