Marta M. Schmitz
• Professional writing, producing and production experience
• Ability to maintain budgets & meet deadlines
• Strong organizational, problem-solving and communication skills
• Ability to interface successfully with clients, vendors, managers, sales and staff
Digital Media Specialist Edgenuity, Scottsdale, AZ Jan 2015 - June 2015
• Support producers and editors in the development of online curriculum for grades 6-12
• Edit, compress and process raw video files
• Procure and manage audio, video and multi-media assets requested by course
Writer Adzzup, Tempe, AZ Apr 2014
• Wrote content to rank on search engines for SEO clients microsites
Producer/Director Cox Media, Phoenix, AZ Jan 1999- Sept 2014
• Responsible for the full production needs of a diverse clientèle including scriptwriting,
producing, editing and finishing spots for local and national broadcast
• Hire and manage talent, vendors and actors
• Effectively interact with clients, staff, account executives, managers and outside
• Use Avid Media Composer NLE system for video editing
• Use Adobe Photoshop and Adobe After Effects for graphics and animation work
• Also use MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Production Operator KSAZ-TV, Phoenix, AZ Mar 1998 - Jan 1999
• Ran camera, Chyron Infinit!, Still Store and floor directed for Fox 10's live, three hour
Arizona Morning broadcast. Also ran camera for evening newscasts as needed.
Chyron Infinit! Operator Telemundo, Phoenix, AZ Apr 1998 - Aug 1998
• Operated Chyron Infinit! Graphics system for Spanish broadcast of the Diamondbacks'
Senior Writer MicroAge, Inc., Tempe, AZ Feb 1997 - Mar 1998
• Promoted from Marketing Coordinator
• Wrote/edited articles and advertisements for computer reseller magazine.
• Wrote and produced two weekly, internal newsletters for company-wide distribution.
Exec. Asst./Mktg. Coord. MicroAge, Inc., Tempe, AZ Sept 1994 - Feb 1997
• Coordinated multiple marketing programs for inside sales representatives.
• Maintained schedule of Vice President of Operations, including scheduling
appointments, securing travel arrangements, taking meeting minutes and notes,
completing expense reports and maintaining confidential files.
• Disperse important information in a timely manner to staff via e-mail.
Freelance Writer Various Employers, AZ Jan 1991 - Sept 1994
• Juggled a variety of writing assignments including corporate video scripts, ads and
PR & Promotion Director Friends of the Orphans, Tempe, AZ Jun 1998 - Jan 1991
• Wrote and produced public service announcements, long-form videos, press releases,
brochures and annual reports for non-profit agency.
• Operate camera mount TelePrompter for a variety of clients
B.A., Radio/TV Univ. of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
Emphasis in writing/producing. Minor in marketing.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Chyron iNFiNiT! Basic Training Chyron, Glendale, CA
Obtained a working knowledge of Chyron iNFiNiT! graphic systems.
• Avid D/S 201/301: Editing, Paint, and Graphics Renaissance Ctr., Dickson, TN
Obtained a working knowledge of Digital Studio nonlinear editing systems.
• Avid Media Composer 101/310 EAR, Phoenix, AZ
Obtained a working knowledge of Media Composer nonlinear editing systems.