• Formal International PR education through UNC Charlotte. Strong background in writing. Time management and organizational skills. Adapt quickly. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Adobe InDesign and Photoshop. Excellent multi-tasking skills and social networking abilities. Ready to contribute to the field of public relations.
• 5/14 B.A. Communication Studies, International PR sequence. Minor in Journalism. Courses include Communication Campaigns, PR Writing, PR Strategies, PR Principles, Research Methods, News Writing, Feature Writing, International PR, International Studies, Public Speaking, Statistics. Cume GPA 3.9. Chancellor’s List.
• 05/14-Present: Alfred Fleishman Fellow, Diversity Fellowship, FleishmanHillard, Charlotte, N.C. Contribute daily PR activities for four different accounts, focusing on media outreach. Monitor media, create media lists, draft and distribute media pitches, edit and proofread deliverables, maintain positive media relations, secure media opportunities.
• 1/14-05/14: Program Assistant Intern, Girls on the Run of Charlotte, Charlotte, N.C. Develop and coordinate marketing materials for 100+ sites. Communicate weekly with GOTR site liaisons, coaches and principals regarding season information. Create and implement a Facebook social media campaign to increase follower engagement by 10 percent by May 2014.
• 9/13-05/14: Diversity Program Intern, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, UNC Charlotte. Help compile short profile stories of CLAS faculty and students showcasing efforts in promoting diversity. Research and compile diversity events in CLAS and on campus. Assist with coordination of student-led diversity focus groups. Re-develop CLAS Diversity website and create department’s inaugural diversity newsletter.
• 5/12-06/14: Check-in monitor, Student Activity Center, UNC Charlotte. Bring awareness of facilities available to students, serving 200,000+ patrons during the 2012-2013 fiscal year. Aid in the promotion and completion of faculty/staff memberships, selling an average total of 260 a year.
• 1/13-8/13: Marketing Communications Intern, Imex Management Inc., Charlotte, N.C. Researched strategic media contact lists, reviewed and distributed news releases, edited client-facing materials/deliverables. Tracked and compiled 200+ media placements for SIAL Canada trade show press book. Assisted with coordinating travel arrangements and special events for U.S. journalists.
• 3/12-11/12: Shift leader, TCBY Frozen Yogurt, Charlotte, N.C. Helped promote business and increase sales by combining marketing strategies with nearby stores. Worked the TCBY mobile truck around the campus community to advertise the store and increase customer awareness. Promoted Facebook site competition, generating 500+ fans, resulting in a 10 percent student discount.
• PRSSA member
• National Society of Collegiate Scholars member
• National Society of Leadership and Success member
• UNC Charlotte Disability Services volunteer note taker. 6/12- 7/12. Completed 40 hours community service.
• Student-athlete in cross country, indoor and outdoor track 8/10-5/11.