University of Chicago, Master of Arts, Humanities Sept. 2010 to June 2011
Areas of focus: Poetry and Poetics, Art History; GPA 3.9/4
University of Denver, Graduate Publishing Certificate July 2010 to Aug. 2010
Denver Publishing Institute
University of Georgia, Bachelor of Arts, English Aug. 2006 to Dec. 2009
Honors Program; Charter and Diversity Scholarships
Research Assistant to Professor Lisa Ruddick Sept. 2010 to present
University of Chicago English Department
– Survey contemporary academic discourse for Prof. Ruddick’s book project (under contract with Cornell University Press).
– Identify pertinent work and highlight relevant content.
– Provide support and recommend approaches for web-based discussion (blog, Twitter, etc).
– Prepare course material for graduate and undergraduate classes.
Event Coordinator Jan. 2010 to June 2010
Community Treks, Denver, CO
– Planned all aspects of the nonprofit group’s annual banquet for hundreds of
guests, including venue, catering, invitations, and entertainment.
– Served as liaison between event support and Community Treks.
– Reorganized and updated database of donors and donations.
Tutor Jan. 2010 to June 2010
Club Z Tutoring, Arvada, CO
– Tutored high school students in Mathematics, Physics, and Language Arts.
– Assisted in standardized test preparation.
Quality Assurance Executive June 2008 to Jan. 2009
Wordbank LLC, Denver, CO
– Ensured the uniformity and accuracy of translation across multiple languages and media for clients including Disney and Hewlett Packard.
– Corresponded with translators across the world to achieve precise translations while maintaining cultural awareness.
Computer: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access); Front Page; HTML; MacOS; Adobe (Photoshop and Acrobat)
Languages: Advanced French
Music: Performed as Assistant Principal Viola in the University of Georgia Symphony and ARCO Chamber Orchestra. Selected to perform as Principal with Dave Brubeck.