Highly motivated, analytical and versatile thinker that develops and carries out ideas. Skilled in handling regulatory issues with professionalism and sensitivity. Successful track record of integrating; organizational skills, management support, and related education to meet the goals that are provided. Dedicated to professional growth and development.
AREAS OF SKILL
• Aptitude to Integrate Diverse Concepts
• Knowledge of Compliance
• Written and Communication
• Involved Community Leader • Customer Service Skills
• Professional Presentations
• Leadership Ability
• Demonstrated experience working with compliance and regulatory matters • Research and Planning
• Computer and Internet Proficient
• Accounting Principles
• Entrepreneurial Professional
VIRGINIA COMMONWEALTH UNIVERISTY | Richmond, VA 10/2013- Present
Executive Assistant and Entry Level Grant Writer
• Executive level administrative support and assistance to the Chief Research Informatics Officer (CRIO)
• Research Policies/Procedures of the university and procedures pertaining to particular grants
• Communicate, document and support all of the research efforts of the Bioinformatics.
• Helps the CRIO to maintain a database of continuing research efforts, funding availability, and funding calendars and make this information available
CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL OF RICHMOND AT VCU | Richmond, VA 03/2011 – 10/2013
• Manage the calendar for all doctors and nurses in Pediatric Nephrology and set up appointments for clinic, ultrasounds, and biopsies.
• Communicate medical concepts to patients using layman’s terms to facilitate understanding.
• Successfully completed Microsoft Office 2010 Suite course.
• Coordinates, monitors and provides assistance with research/staff studies, programs, projects, grants and/or budgets
• Creates, maintains, updates and tracks confidential files/information ensuring accuracy and completeness.
• Plans, organizes and/or participates in meetings, conferences, seminars and other events for the division to provide and/or receive information relevant to work assignments and programs.
THE GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY ATHLETICS | Washington, DC 08/2008 - 03/2011
• Accelerated the process of awards accreditation by preparing financial aid award reports in an accurate and timely manner.
• Established professional relations with NCAA, league office, parents, and vendors.
• Provided support to the compliance office and assisted with book distribution for more than 50 scholarship student-athletes.
• Audits and approves records documenting practice, competition, phone calls, off and on-campus recruiting, camps and awards and benefits.
• Produced the monthly newsletter and assisted with athletic scholarship yearly renewals and initial award paperwork.
• Maintained official and unofficial visit records, employment records for athletes, admission paperwork, camps, and clinics paperwork.
• Created and issued National Letters of Intent, as well as NCAA forms for staff and student-athletes.
• Assisted Associate AD/Compliance with internal and external correspondence to ensure compliance with all NCAA/Conference rules and regulations.
• Coordinates Academic Progress program and manages APR data for each program.
• Uses athletics web-based systems to prepare squad lists and reports and monitor records. Researches, prepares and submits legislative waiver.
• Manages interdepartmental relations and activities with the Admissions, Registrar and Financial Aid Office
DICKS SPORTING GOODS | Richmond, VA 10/2007 - 08/2008
• Created and edited weekly work schedules for 6 departments, completed office duties and special projects, and maintained office supply inventory.
• Supported the Store Manager and department managerial staff.
• Utilized Kronos System to administer company payroll.
• Created, modified, and maintained new hire paperwork and benefits.
• Maintained office supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level
VIRGINIA COMMONWEALTH UNIVERSITY (Athletic Dept.) | Richmond, VA 01/2007 - 06/2007
Interim Women's Track and Field Jumps Coach
• Responsible for supporting the overall administration of the jumps including high jump, long jump, triple jump, and hurdles.
• Organized travel arrangements for out of town meets, including travel authorizations, hotel reservations, flights, and car rentals for student-athletes.
RADFORD UNIVERSITY ATHLETICS | Radford, VA 05/2007 - 07/2007
Intern-Athletics Compliance Assistant
• Modified play and practice guidelines for each academic year.
• Ensured athletics departments' policies were in accordance with NCAA rules.
• Entered eligibility clearinghouse information for all student-athletes.
• Conducted secretarial support for the Compliance Coordinator.
• Assisted with programming for NCAA/CHAMPS life-skills.
• Organized and updated the student-athlete handbook each academic year.
M.S. in Leadership and Professional Development
Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA (2008 - 2010)
Related Course Work
Accounting and Budgeting Legal Issues for Leaders
Decision Making and Problem Solving Leadership in Sports Management
Leading People and Managing Relationships Personnel Administration
B.S. in Corporate/Commercial Fitness
Radford University, Radford, VA (2004 - 2007)
Related Course Work
Student-Athlete Development Seminar Organization and Administration
• Girl Scout Co-Leader: East end Service Unit Troop #662, Richmond VA
• Warder/Member: Order of Eastern Stars, Hopewell, VA Chapter
• Member: Mt. Gilead Full Gospel International Ministries, Richmond, VA