3466 Scofield Ave, Simi Valley, CA 93063 | c: 805.915.9985 | email@example.com
Freelance Editor, KCAL/CBS2 (2012-2013)
• Special Projects Editor for feature packages which included, investigative, informational and special interest pieces for Emmy Award winning producers and reporters.
• Incorporated special effects and designed graphic elements to achieve the vision of the producer via Avid Newscutter Adrenaline with Avid DNXCEL v. 6.2.8 and Aurora Editing Systems v 7.0
Freelance Editor, NFL Network (2012-2013)
• Edited for NFLNet programming, Total Access, Around the League and NFL GameDay for daily live broadcasts and pre recorded content.
• Daily ingest of footage using the Fork Production Client v2.2 into Final Cut v6.0.6 routed through the NVISION NV9601 digital router; audio mixing on the Yamaha 01V96 mixing board; Multi cam editing for interviews.
• Implemented premade keyed graphic lower thirds and interstitials into packages ready for air.
Freelance Editor, Fox Movie Channel (2007-2010)
• Provided editing services such as cut-downs, segment re-edits, layoffs, and retags for original series programming, promos, and teases for programming airing within 36 hours.
• Created and updated stunts and title menus for daily programming.
• Maintained EDL’s and production spreadsheets for dayside editors
• Performed non-linear editing employing the Avid Media Composer HD v2.7.5 bundled with Boris FX8, Sapphire v1.0 output to digibeta.
• Supported revenue generation by assembling marketing collateral packages for the New York sales team used for pitching shows and products.
Independent Freelance Projects (2006-Present)
• Camera and Editor, promotional music video, RSB (Rich Santana Band) website.
• Edited the short film Immeasurable with submitted to multiple film festivals in 2011; credited as editor on the IMDb listing.
• Assistant editor on the feature film Ex Free with Producer/Director/Screenwriter, Troy Beyer. Pulling selects for the editor as well as syncing sound to film for feature and trailer submitted to the Sundance Film Festival.
Freelance Editor, Fox NE&O (2006-2008)
• Provided affiliates and networks with requested footage, routed satellite feeds; edited and dubbed within a multimedia environment.
• Served as editor and traffic coordinator for the sports department; editing included scratch, pickups, online tracking with talent, and editing clips.
Freelance Assistant Editor, G4 Media, Inc. (2006-2008)
• Digitized, consolidated, published, imported/exported offline and online OMFI media files for the Avid Adrenaline and NewsCutter systems; including bin management and media transfer for the Avid Unity Media Manager networking system.
• Up-rezzed OMFI files from 20.1 to 2.1 for online editing, separated and distributed video/audio to offline editors and audio pro tools department for enhancement. Provided sales with uncompressed video for sales pitches.
• Implemented and maintained a Tepex file management system.
Special Projects Editor, WHDH NBC7/BOSTON, Boston, Massachusetts (1999-2006)
• Consistently met aggressive deadlines with daily feature length packages consisting of entertainment, music, sports, political, investigative, and special interest pieces.
• Primary editor of breaking news events with extremely tight deadlines. Frequently receiving extensive footage 30 minutes prior to air, with the ability to edit and deliver the tape to the tape coordinator in time for broadcast.
• Overall experience included audio, tracking, effects, music mixing, compositing visual effects, titles, video, mattes, and multi-styled lower thirds and keys, and training on Airspeed, Unity and Isis tapeless server systems.
• Served as feed editor for the live 2.5 hour evening news block.
• Utilized KU trucks and Sony DNW A220 fly packs.
2004 New Hampshire Primary
• Lead Editor, NH Primary
• Assisted with the penthouse location set-up and running of the audio board during interviews with politicians including Joe Lieberman.
• Interacted and served as regional network liaison with Network news reporters, Peter Jennings, Wolf Blitzer, Brian Williams, and Steve Handlesman.
2004 Democratic Convention
• Lead Editor, 2004 DNC
• Shot footage used to open NBC Nightly News.
• Created the 2-minute montage of 9/11 for the lead-in to NBC Nightly News for the New England Region.
• Cut numerous packages and specials in the weeks that followed the 9/11 tragedy for NBC Network
Technical Tools Proficiency
Editing Systems: Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 HD & Final Cut X, Avid Symphony 5.0.5, Media Composer HD v2.7.5 and 7.0, NewsCutter Adrenaline XP 6.0, Aurora News Edit 1.7, Adobe Premiere 6.01, Quantel v3.7 rev4
Software: Boris FX v8, Sapphire v.1.0, Apple Motion 4.0, Apple Color 1.5, Adobe Photoshop/Flash/AE/Illustrator CS5, Soundtrack Pro 2.0.2, Garageband 4.1.2, DVD Studio Pro 4.2.1 iWeb 2.0.4, Mac OSX 10.9
Formats: HD/SD, Digibeta, DigiS, Beta SP, Beta SX, P2 Flash Media, SD Card, XDCAM
Social Media & Web: YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Website Design and Blog
Awards, Affiliations & Development
• Volunteer work, California Locations Conference, California Film Commission, Hollywood Museum.
• Coolux, Pandoras Box, Media Server Basic Training
• ACM National Finalist
• Alliance for Community Media Nationals, Boston, Massachusetts, Washington, District of Columbia, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Portland, Oregon
• NABET CWA Local 53, IBEW Local 1228 (Traveling Membership)