Catherine E. Murphy
4301 Bissonnet #73
Bellaire, TX 77401
To become part of a team where I can utilize my experience in Management/Customer Care, Design and Project Development as well as Writing/Editing.
A highly motivated professional with strong organizational skills, the ability to work well within a team as well as manage and prioritize projects to meet deadlines while ensuring attention to detail. Ten years of experience and expertise in writing/editing, as well as collaboration and creation in the areas of educational art, design and project development.
Fine Arts Lead Program Instructor --Team Leader – Educational Support Fall 2006 – Present
Cunningham Elementary School, Houston ISD
Lead elementary school program to integrate, promote and maintain Fine Arts education for all students, including English Language Learners and students with disabilities requiring extensive collaboration with parents, students, teachers and the community to create a meaningful plan for each individual. Oversee daily maintenance of campus art displays as well as collaborate with administrators, community and staff members to create advertising, signage and graphics on campus as well as design sets and costumes for productions throughout the year.
• 2014 - Successfully collaborated with Texas Children’s Hospital to develop and create a plan for artwork installation for the redesign of the Gulfton Clinic. Focused on a specific product to be created by a pool of 800 students who worked individually and in groups to develop work for the community
• 2013 – Coordinated and participated in Every Artist Me, a pilot program to launch art-based software program designed to catalogue, document and maintain art on home-based computers.
Curriculum Writer/Consultant Houston ISD 2008
• Collaborated with a team of three HISD art instructors to create, write, format and produce the current HISD Scope and Sequence Art curriculum and the Horizontal and Vertical Alignment components of the curriculum that is used daily to plan and implement best instructional practices throughout one of the largest school districts in the country.
• Presenter – Conference HMFA Ongoing marketing, collaboration and development within the community utilizing proven strategies.
Houston Chronicle 1990 – 2004
Online Editor, Content Designer 1995 – 2004
• Managed Chron.com, the newspaper’s online site, which involved deadline decision-making on all news content and the placement of stories, photos and graphics. This included gathering stories on breaking local, national and world news; collaborating with writers and editors; adding content such as graphics, audio and photos; and writing original copy. Created and developed concept for a children’s web page, focusing on educational materials, games and parent resources
• City Desk Assistant 1990-1994
Assisted newsroom staff with duties which included daily Metro pages, writing obituaries and weekly Crime Stoppers. Community and Chronicle liaison with Crime Stoppers organization
Bachelor of Arts, University of Houston Journalism/Advertising/Graphic Communications 1992
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST