8910 N Loop 1604 W, #1911
San Antonio, Texas 78249
- Marketing and Creative experience as: Photographer, Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Photography Director, Photo Retouch and Restoration Editor, five years experience as an Art Director/Manager, successfully coordinating promotions and marketing events
- Customer centric and adept at handling various clients across multiple industries
- Innovative graphic designer and copy editor of sales letters, flyers, brochures; label designing production using Adobe Creative Suite graphic design and page layout applications, on cross-platform systems (Mac OS and PC Windows platforms)
- Pre-press preparation of projects for Black & White, Spot Color, 4 Color, and large format color printing, from start to final printing
The Artistouch, San Antonio, Texas
Ongoing since 1981
Freelance graphic design and photography services provider, since 1981.
Freelance Graphic Designer
- Providing services to individuals and smaller advertising and marketing businesses as a Photo Retouch/Restoration Editor, Graphic Designer, Logo Design Artist, Cartoonist, Illustrator, and Photographer, at a cost that is affordable and within budget requirements
St. Jude Candle Company, Houston, Texas
2007 to 2014
A 7-year-old national candle manufacturer, based in Houston, Texas. St. Jude Candle Company provides multiple lines of candle products, centering primarily on the Religious Candle Market.
Vice President of Design
- Created all product labels, creating brand and corporate identity, graphic art and marketing support needs for the company, including: photography, Photo editing, label designs, catalogs, and Private Label logo designs. Where nothing existed, developed a corporate identity that became the face, look, visual presence, and philosophy of St. Jude Candle Company
- Instrumental creative design partner in creating a new company with $0 sales into a $15,000,000+ candle-manufacturing powerhouse
Reed Candle Company, San Antonio, Texas
2005 to 2007
A 77-year-old national candle manufacturer based in San Antonio, Texas, providing multiple lines of candle products, centering primarily on the Religious Candle Market.
Director of Graphic Arts
- Developed all new product labels and all graphic art needs for the company, including: enhanced product label design for candle products; truck signage; website graphics design and oversight. The new label look, sales support and direction, encouraged greater sales of product and created a new and enhanced interest in the Prayer Candle market
- Following introduction of new label designs, sales increased in years 2005, + 21% and 2006, + 23%
Remtech Services, Inc., Fort Sam Houston, Texas
2004 to 2005
Former contracting agent with the United States Army to provide medical training and maintain computer systems for the Digital Training Facility at Fort Sam Houston, Texas.
Digital Training Facility Manager - Security Clearance required
- Executed daily operation scheduling and maintenance of the Army Medical Center and School
- Set up video projection systems and video conferencing equipment for worldwide broadcasts of
medically centered EMS training courses. Created PowerPoint presentations, as requested, for many videoconferences and trainings
- Contributed to furthering the educational needs of the Army EMS training program at a time of great need for qualified emergency medical personnel
Texas Mgt Associates, Inc.,
Former contracting agent with The United States Air Force to run the Video Information needs of Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas.
Visual Information On-Site Manager - Security Clearance required
- Actively directed day-to-day operation of a 21-person team at 5 on-base sites
- Created, and operated daily programming of the on-base cable access television channel, CAC 21 (Commander’s Access Channel)
- Spearheaded challenge to absorb workload increase of 30%, and still maintain superior on-time rate
- Initiated and led the upgrading of the facility, turning a limited-capability worksite into a state-of-the-art, multi-purpose production house and top-flight Air Force design facility
Adecco, Inc., contracted to USAA Media Design Services, San Antonio, Texas
1999 to 2000
Adecco provides human resource services, including temporary staffing, outsourcing, permanent recruitment, outplacement and career management, training and consulting.
Short-term Independent Contract Graphic Designer
- Accurately fulfilled USAA needs for a variety graphic and design needs, within the Media Design Services Department at USAA, including: brochure development, cartooning, 2-D animation, and support for various in-house art directors
Longhorn Packaging, Inc., San Antonio, Texas
1998 to 1999
A packaging facility specializing in graphic design to printing, laminating, coating, slitting and bag/pouch fabrication.
- Led and Administered the in-house creation of artwork and negative films for Flexographic printing plates, used in printing plastic packaging film and developed first website
Meijer, Inc., Grand Rapids, Michigan
1986 to 1998
A family-owned, one-stop shopping experience, hyper-market company located in five mid-west states and employing 60,000 team members. Super Target and Wal-Mart Supercenter Stores were modeled after Meijer stores, but not as big.
Corporate Brands Designer
- Created multi-color marketing logo designs, private-label product packaging and signage
- Ordered and directed product and model photography used in finished packaging art
- Led the way in productivity, and acted as “Trainer-in-Residence” within the Marketing Department for computer graphics programs and procedures where none existed before
Cornerstone University, Grand Rapids, Michigan
1991 to 1997
An accredited Christ-centered University, providing students with empowering educational programs that offer relevant, practical information grounded in an ethical Christ-centered worldview.
- Graphic Designer and photography consultant for college departments of advancement, and sports; including logos, press books, promotional sports brochures, and posters
- B.A., Organizational Leadership - Cornerstone University, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- A.A., Commercial Art - Ferris State University, Big Rapids, Michigan
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS, Awards and Interests
Member – North American Dispatch Photographers Network
A National organization of photographers providing site location, building, and equipment photography on demand.
President of Grand Valley Artists, Inc. (GVA), Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Represented GVA on the Arts Council of Greater Grand Rapids, establishing a working relationship between organizations
- Created Public Museum partnership developing a unique fund-raising campaign leading to the successful restoration of the Museum’s antique carousel
Board Member-at-Large, Grand Rapids Area Mac Users Group (GRAMUG), Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Created monthly events for Mac Computer users, to learn more about how to use and enjoy their Mac Computers
Board Member-at-Large, MacApple Users Group, San Antonio, Texas
- Awarded the 2000 User Group Academy Award, Best in Show for Web Site Design & Content Presence
Member – Oak Hills Church and Momentum Singles’ Group Leadership Team, San Antonio, Texas
- Repeatedly run Audio and Video equipment for all Momentum class presentations and Bible study courses