2930 Commerce Street
Dallas, TX 75226
Home: 214-693-2234••••Mobile: 214-693-2234
Seasoned senior management consultant with over 25 years experience operating at the Enterprise level of Fortune 500 companies such as Lucent, IBM, SBC, MCI, Citizens, STMicroelectronics, CVS/PharmaCare, ATMOS Energy, Fina and Best Buy.
Primary focus on Telecommunications with LEC, CLEC, IXC Operational Support Systems (OSS) identifying, designing and implementing Business Process Improvements methodologies that impact bottom line profitability.
A dynamic leader with proven organizational abilities, facilitation skills, team-building and networking resources to bring top-level productivity to the core competency of the enterprise.
A solid track record with proven communications skills capable of working with and delivering value at all levels of both large and small organizations.
Areas of Expertise
• Telecom Manager, Project Manager, Information Architect, Knowledge Engineer, Requirements Manager, Process Engineering/Reengineer, Business Analyst
• Process analysis and documentation of the Current, Interim and Future State
• Process Design, Modeling and Simulation using third and fourth generation CASE engineering tools
• Using formal methodologies and CASE engineering tools to manage and optimize the Requirements Management process and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Documentation and integration of business and system requirements to bridge the gap between business user and technical development communities
• Developing and documenting business case for investing in technology as a tool for process improvement and reengineering business processes at the Enterprise Level
• Change Management and the impact of both social and technical change on the Enterprise
• Leading cross-functional and Joint Application Development (JAD) teams in the design, documentation and implementation of Enterprise Level technologies and processes
• Designing and managing projects that deliver solutions on time and within budget
• Delivering information, including process models, in both printed or on-line, interactive, web based formats.
Other Skills and Expertise BPR, CMM, CRM, ISO, PMI, PDLC, OSS, QA, SAS, SDLC, TQM, UML, Use Case, WBS Benchmarking, Metrics & Performance Measurement Analysis, Process Analysis, Process Modeling, Project Management, Process Simulation, Traffic Analysis, Traffic Engineering
inTelesystems Nov 03 – May 07
Sr. Project Manager
InTelesystems operates in the Telecommunications Management arena providing Sr. Telecom professionals to Fortune 500 companies interested in outsourcing the management of the telecommunications function. Primary focus is on cost reduction via Telecom Expense Management (TEM) and BPI (Business Process Improvement). Responsible for all aspects of the telecom expense management and telecom service delivery for STMicroelectronics/Americas Region…over forty locations in North and South America.
Professional Experience, continued
Delivered the following services and benefits to STMicroelectronics:
• Vendor Contract Negotiation of Wireline, Wireless Voice and Data…negotiated contracts that reduced cost from $275k per month to $190k per month by third year of contract. Booked average of $966,833.86 dollars in recurring savings per year.
• Credit Recovery –Recovered $837,416.81 from vendors due to billing errors
• With one FTE…besides PM…processed all telecom invoices for payment.
• Total savings and credits for life of contract $3,567,668.87 against total expense of $11,722,657.47
• Generated over $970,000 dollars in revenues for inTelesystems
CCSI -Verizon Aug 02 – Nov 03
Worked as a Requirements Manager with the Verizon On Line (VOL) IT Requirements Management Group (RMG) to create High Level Designs (HLD) for a number of applications. Verizon was implementing a new design and development process in an effort to move to a more controlled design methodology as opposed to the legacy “prototyping” Software Design Life Cycle (SDLC).
Paul & Turner Nov 99 – Jun-02
Sr. Technical Consultant
As a Senior Consultant with Paul & Turner, a Dallas management consulting firm, responsible for the technical aspects of client reengineering engagements. Tenure at Paul & Turner included the following accomplishments:
Best Buy - Minneapolis, MN
• Reengineered Best Buy’s Consumer Parts and Warranty Operation outsourcing an internal organization of 300 employees to a network of five independent vendors with bottom line savings and ROI of over 1.8 million in first year.
Sterling Commerce - Columbus, OH...London, UK
• Designed Enterprise Process Model to transform five diverse, independent operating units into one integrated 3.5 billion dollar SBU.
• Designed and Delivered Revenue Generation Process that reduced operating cost by 69 Million dollars over two year project life cycle.
Lucent Technologies, Carrollton, TX Feb 96 – Oct 99
Sr. Process Analyst
Engaged by VP of Engineering & CTO of Network Managed Services (NMS) division to work with a variety of internal organizations to identify opportunities for process improvement and reengineering.
• Introduced and implemented Information Mapping…a process development methodology developed by Bell Labs…as the standard process methodology throughout the division.
• Reengineered Customer Service organization of over 300 agents that delivered following benefits:
o Replaced over 100 individual processes & documents with a single on-line knowledge repository and interactive website.
o Reduced CSR training time by 33% saving approximately $2.8 million over two years.
o Reduced Trouble Ticket hand off to Tier Two Technical Service Organization by 62%...resulting in organizations ability to meet customer SLA (Service Level Agreement) requirements previously unattainable.
o Awarded Presidents Gold Medal Award for Leadership Excellence in September of 1999.
Professional Experience, continued
MCI, Richardson, TX Aug 95 - Jan 97
Sr. Process Analyst
Engaged by British Telecom via six-month engagement to design and document multi-functional processes for implementation of MCI’s new Order Activity Tracking System OATS. OATS was the Order Management element of the Destiny Operational Support System (OSS) project scheduled to role out in first quarter of 98.
The Management Network Group (TMNG), NY, NY May 94 - Aug 96
TMNG is the premiere consulting firm in the telecommunications industry with both carrier and enterprise clients. Worked on two projects with TMNG:
• Connetco: Business analyst with consulting team reengineering back-office operation of Connetco, a 1 Plus and debit card re-seller in New York, NY.
• Citizens Communications: Process Analyst assigned to SME team working on Citizens Communications billing project in Albany, NY, and Dallas, TX.
TeleMax Voice Systems Dec 86 – Jan 94
Founded software and hardware development team that created TeleMax, an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system designed exclusively for the Radio and Television broadcast industry. Personally sold over 8.5 million dollars worth of IVR systems. Company sold to VC firm in January 1996
Designed and installed systems for clients such as ABC Cap Cities, CBS Radio, Gannett, Westinghouse, Infinity, Noble and Summit. Consulted with hundreds of stations from coast to coast creating customized software and on-air programming.
National Telemanagement Corporation (NTC), Dallas, TX Dec 85-Dec 87
Manage and deliver telecom-consulting services to Fortune 500 accounts such as Fina, TGIF, Pillsbury, and SBS RealCom.
University of Dallas, Irving TX, 3 years majoring in English and Psychology
IMI (Information Mapping) Certification in Process and Procedure Development
CASE engineering Certification - Casewise
A variety of additional professional training and certifications