Commercial Real Estate Paralegal (2012 to Present):
* Sole paralegal to Litigation Department (six litigation attorneys)
• Legal drafting: stipulations, affidavits, landlord- tenant notices, petitions, orders and memoranda; integral role in discovery production and motion assembly
• In-depth research on LexisNexis and WestLaw
• Maintain client database and managed heavy attorney calendars; Deposition scheduling
• Handling high volume of incoming calls on multi-line system; Ensured systematic filing and organization of high volumes of documents; Drafted and dispatched client invoices
• Filing papers in conformance with procedure at Manhattan and Brooklyn courts, including release of mechanic liens by means of bond
Account Director (2011 to 2012):
• Worked in conjunction with architects, construction companies, franchise support and administration in coordinating all phases of development
• Investigated and resolved resident complaints and service requests and prepared resident work orders as required; Managed keys, elevator access, moving scheduling and inspections paperwork.
• Working understanding of relevant Division of Housing and Community Renewal (DHCR) regulations and ability to work with managers to identify and address issues such as Rent Registration, DHCR vacant apartment rent calculations, and Renewal rent calculations; Ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules. (i.e., Department of Health, Department of Building etc.), prepare documentation to file for extension to correct dispute or cure violations, file certifications of completion
• Monitored submissions from brokers and worked with Legal on lease negotiations and lease executions to meet scheduled deadlines; Driving all real estate negotiations, including new leases, extensions, renewals, options, terminations and purchase initiatives.
• Prepared and controlled detailed and accurate budgets for all operating facilities and management reports
Office Manager/Paralegal (2011-2012):
• Sole Paralegal to firm; Supervised a team of four legal interns; Managed firm's heavy calendar
• Handled full eviction process from initial warrant orders to engaging movers
• Deposition scheduling, including arranging for court reporters and interpreters
• Legal Drafting: Consent to Change Attorney, Stipulation of Adjournments, Affidavits of Investigations, Affidavits of Merit, Notices to Cure, Termination Notices, Notice of Petition and Petition (Non-payment & Holdover), Stipulation of Settlement;, Notice of Entry, Notice of Appeal; compiled, served, and submitted Motions
• Paid and managed company bills, managed company's QuickBooks, oversaw employee payroll, and managed firm's Escrow account and checking accounts
• Maintained and organized attorney's client base; Drafted and dispatched client invoices; Drafted retainer agreements between attorney and new clients
• Filed papers in conformance with procedure at Manhattan, Queens, Bronx, and Brooklyn courts.
• Properly routed incoming calls on multi-line system, correspondence with clients, opposing counsels, and court clerks; Ensured systematic filing and organization of high volumes of documents; Maintained attorney's heavy court and client appointment calendar
Account Director (2009 to 2011):
* Composed and edited all contracts, agreements, and initial presentations for client negotiation
• Expands sales in existing accounts by introducing additional solutions and services through e-commerce.
• Contributes information to market strategy by monitoring competitive products and sales demographics; Promote services through conventions, trade shows, and public relations
• Set up company budgets and fiscal projections; Prepare reports surrounding the metrics of the sales department; Handled all bookkeeping and accounts receivables/ payables
• Managed accounts such a Zales.com, Gordon.com, Fingerhut.com, PiercingPagoda.com
Litigation Paralegal (2008 to 2009):
* Facilitated successful efforts to bring multiple cases to trial by assisting clients in preparation for court appearances
• Traveled for and participated in mass client meetings in which medical records were reviewed and submitted; Collected and entered client intake data; compiled database of indexed motions and depositions
• Drafted: affidavits, interrogatories; product identification interrogatories; client responses to interrogatories to the courts and defendants; complied motion and order to show cause; Integral role in discovery production in preparation for depositions