SECONDARY EDUCATION - 2000-2004
GCSE English Literature A*
GCSE English Language A
GCSE Humanities B
GCSE Sociology B
GCSE Expressive Arts B
GCSE Maths C
GCSE Science C
GCSE French C
GCSE Design C
Advanced UK English Award A Level Extension: DISTINCTION
A Level Film: A
A Level English Literature: B
A Level Sociology: B
BA HONS 2:2 in English Studies from Sheffield Hallam University, 2004-2007
Publication Assistant – Journal of Orthodontics – Maney Publishing - 2008 to Present
• To proofread accepted manuscripts prior to publication
• To use literary editing for draft and final copy of Journals of between 98 to 140 pages per issue.
• To liaise between author, reviewer, editor and publisher via telephone and email
• To attain copyright, ethical approval and patient consent forms for published manuscripts
• To work to strict publishing deadlines and prioritise workloads appropriately
• To collate computer generated files and despatch them to publishers and typesetters
• To be financially aware of the Journal as a business and to seek to constantly improve on business time management and budget restraints.
• General administrative duties
Editorial Assistant – Journal of Fatigue and Fracture in Mechanical Engineering – Blackwell Publishing - 2007 to Present
• To allocate and delegate manuscripts to appropriate editors
• To compile status report information and special instructions for the Editorial Board and Chairman
• To run Editorial meetings and take minutes at Editorial Board meetings.
• To proofread manuscripts prior to publication (12 papers per issue, each issue printed monthly).
• To work to a strict week by week deadline.
• To compile marketing information and provide feedback
• To deliver and present information on request
• To provide a customer based point of contact for author and subscriber queries