- 7 + years of Graphic Arts freelance backgorund, provided me with diverse, professional, hands-on experience in the 2D art and design field
- Gained relevant 3D game industry skills while adhering to strict deadlines, working under pressure, and simulating game production pipeline procedures at Seneca College of Arts and Animation.
- Solid background in concept art, Illustration and graphic design from the Ontario College of Art and Design
- Worked with a wide range of clients from diverse backgrounds, nationalities and cultures with varied artistic styles and needs.
- Adaptable, organized and flexible with excellent work ethic and interpersonal skills
- Team player, also capable of working independently with minimal or no direction
- Ability to understand strategy, and produce dynamic and creative concepts based on strategy
- GAME ART: 3D Studio Max, zBrush 4, nDo2, xNormal, Topogun 2, UDK, Marmoset Toolbag, Photoshop
- ART: Pen, pencil, chalk, charcoal, ink, acrylic, watercolor, oils, scratchboard, digital screen,
- DESIGN: Photoshop, Illustrator, QuarkXpress,
Frontier – real-time UDK environment Project
Seneca College, Toronto, ON contributing 3D Artist Jan – April 2014
- A complete simulation of industry level production pipeline standards within short deadlines while working under pressure; authored and directed by various industry professionals.
- Created 2D schematics for environment assets; modeled high poly and low polys, unwrapped, textured, imported into game engine and adjusted shaders for multiple materials.
Arthur Tanga Creations, Toronto, ON Graphic Artist and Designer 2007 – present
- Produced a variety of graphic designs/illustrations, including art direction, character designs, editorial illustrations, ads, flyers, logos, website components, etc
- Provided expert analysis and input on existing client design
- Oversaw projects from production to pre-press, with full editorial and conceptual control
- Developed successful marketing and promotional designs for clients to be used in multiple campaigns
- Produced comprehensive sketches/linears to successfully communicate ideas and vision
- Delivered on tight deadlines without any decrease in quality of work
Select CLIENT LIST
African Theatre Ensemble, Toronto, ON, (2012-2013)
- Art directed, illustrated and designed promotional and marketing materials for prolific theatrical plays.
SaloneTech Business Solutions LLC, New York, NY, (2009-2013)
- Created multiple digital concept art and detailed product illustrations
- Designed corporate logo and academic crest, and maintained identity consistency
- Conceptualized and designed website components, including page flow, user interface, page design, background design, buttons, etc
Soul Influence Inc, Toronto, ON, (2009-2011)
- Art directed, illustrated and designed music album visual design including CD jacket, CD-Rom, inserts and multiple associated marketing and promotional designs
Performance-Based Selection Ltd, Ohio, (2011)
- Created several stylized corporate illustrations for an online business solutions website
City of Toronto, Parks and Recreation, Toronto, ON, (2006 & 2007)
- co-designed and illustrated official Black History month poster for 2006 and 2007
Mad Science of Toronto, Toronto, ON Equipment Manager 2006 - 2013
(and in-house Graphic Designer)
- Designed child-friendly promotional and marketing ads and flyers, ranging from workshop brochures to birthday flyers
- Provided creative guidance on several company design choices including website relevance and company brand promotion
- Maintained and regularly updated multiple stocks of equipment, from electronic to chemical.
- Led and maintained an assisting staff of 3
- Maintained inventory levels, prepared P.Os for item replenishments, and negotiated reinforcing relationships with supplier
- 2014: Graduate Certificate (Game Art and Animation), Seneca College, Toronto
- 2011: (Digital Concept Art, zBrush intro), The Rydan Workshop, online
- 2008: Bachelor of Design (Illustration), Ontario College of Art & Design, Toronto
- July – Aug 2010, From the Soul group art show, Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto
- Aug 2009, The States of Mahogany, solo art show, Kikkino Lounge, Toronto
- Feb 2007, Unveiling of the Inspirations! Poster, Toronto City Hall, Toronto
- May 2006, One Track Hand, group art show, Spin Gallery, Toronto
- Feb 2006, Unveiling of the Jazz Lives! Poster, Toronto City Hall, Toronto