Tiphane S. Pate
Summary of Qualifications:. Academic background and experience in broadcast and print journalism. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, along with a demonstrated set of writing and public relations skills. Also possess a strong set of management skills, particularly working with several diverse teams of people at once.
Winston-Salem State University, Winston-Salem, NC Graduation Date: May 2007
B.A. in Mass Communications
Emphasis: News and Editorial, Minor in English and Portuguese
Additional Experience: Worked for 2 years with the campus television station in a variety of positions, 3 years with the campus newspaper as writer and editorial staff, and 4 years with the campus radio station as a sound engineer.
The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH Graduation Date: August 2009
M.A. in Communications
Emphasis: Interpersonal Communication, Mass Communication
Thesis emphasis: The perception of group normative behaviors in the workplace via the television for African-American college students.
Additional Experience: Taught the Persuasive Communication course (COMM367) for 3 quarters to undergraduate students.
WSNC 90.5 FM National Public Radio Station 08/2003—05/2007
William Franklin (late), Instructor
• Served as the solo sound engineer and producer for WSNC’s sports broadcasting team on both home and away games
• Wrote, read, recorded and edited radio spots in-studio for the station in general and the sports broadcasting team
The News Argus 08/2005—05/2007
Dr. Brian C. Blount, Former Department Chair 336.750.3343
• Serve as the liaison between the newspaper and outside contributors
• Copy edit 5-10 articles per publication for a bi-weekly newspaper using Microsoft Word
• Copy edit computer layout of the entire paper using QuarkExpress
• Report on local and national issues that affect the campus community
Victory and Praise Radio Network 11/2012 – 01/2013
Rhodell Lewis, General Manager 770.256.0526
• Research and book guests for the Rhodell Lewis Morning Show, particularly the Friday morning live broadcast.
• Manage real time posts from the Network’s social media channels during the Friday morning live broadcast.
• Served in these roles until the show went off the air in January of 2013.
Generation Nexxt Youth Sports Broadcasting Network 07/2013 – 12/2013
Benton Aladin, Owner 954.303.2351
• Served as an on-field production assistant during Atlanta’s youth football season.
• Managed sound production on the field for pre- and post-game interviews, introductions and outros, and half-time interviews.
• Prepared information for upcoming games by gathering local team rosters and managing an online production team database for wider access.
• Provided written coverage of local youth football games for the Generation Nexxt website.
The Ohio State University 09/2008—06/2009
Dr. Susan Kline, Supervisor 614.292.0464
• Served as an instructor for five individual sections of the course entitled Persuasive Communication (Comm 367), each of which admitted an average of 27 students
• Managed a respectful classroom environment that was conducive to learning and discussion
• Prepared lectures that were both clear and comprehensible, as well as intellectually stimulating and generative for class discussion
• Assigned and evaluated an average of four major papers per section, and one final speech
• Wrote and evaluated examinations
B.R.E.A.D. (Building Responsibility, Equality, and Dignity) Organization 07/2009—07/2012
John Aeschbury, Lead Organizer 614.220.9363
• Developed and organized justice ministries in 14 faith congregations simultaneously, ranging in size from 10 to 40 members
• Trained clergy and key team leaders to negotiate with public officials, facilitate team and network meetings, lead investment drives, and build relationships with their peers
• Staffed two issue committees focused on anti-truancy in Columbus City Schools, and creating jobs in Franklin County, which resulted in keeping over 3,000 Columbus City students in school and engaging the City of Columbus to support small business at a higher level
• Wrote, prepared, and delivered training presentations for national, regional and local workshops
Urban pL8 Restaurant 08/2012 – 01/2013
Nelsy Roman, Manager 404.367.0312
• Serve customers in a fast-paced food services environment, providing excellent customer service with a focus on multiple customers at once
• Assist in opening and closing the restaurant
• Responsibly handle financial transactions, including accounting for the staff bank at the end of the day
Olive Garden Restaurant 01/2013—02/2014
Andre Freeman, General Manager 770.933.8971
• Serve guests according to Olive Garden’s 100% guest delight policy