David Hernandez, known as "Dez" is a Freelance Creative Consultant, Filmmaker, Public Speaker, Licensed Illustrator, and a Pop-Culture Professional. Dez is also a published author & illustrator with a series of popular children's books.
As a Freelance Consultant, Dez specializes in New Media, licensed products, tech research, branding, brainstorming, development, design, illustration, and creative writing. Dez works regularly with Universal Studios and The Walt Disney Company as a Creative Director.
Dez is the go-to consultant for all things Pop Culture; including animation, television, theme parks, movies, sci-fi, comic books, toy design, fantasy art and video-games. Dez has a passion for children's entertainment, having had the pleasure of working on some of the world's most iconic brands including SpongeBob Squarepants, Marvel Comics, Star Wars, Dora the Explorer, Mickey Mouse, and most recently the Minions! Trusted long-time clients include Lucasfilm, Disney, Nickelodeon, Ripley's, Stan Lee, & Universal Studios.
Known for his excitement and passion during brainstorm sessions, Dez enjoys coming up with fresh new ideas and has been a part of the entertainment industry for over 20 years.
Career highlights include:
• Creative Director: Springfield USA - Universal Studios
• Art Director: Star Wars Celebrations, including set design for George Lucas & Jon Stewart.
• Official Despicable Me "Minion" Artist for Universal Studios Minion Mayhem.
• Original Concept & Design: Dora the Explorer 3D Film.
• Creative Director / Designer: SpongeBob Storepants.
• Art Director: Star Wars Weekends at Disney Hollywood Studios.
• Consultant on Nick shows, SpongeBob's Xmas Wish, Dora's Sing Along Adventure, Diego's Safari.
• Hired by Stan Lee, personally.
Finally, Dez travels around the US, speaking to students on New Media, Technology, Creativity, and the importance of Literature.
• Published Author
• Public Speaker
• IAAPA Award Winner