O B J E C T I V E S
Desire role as a team player serving marketing, sales, communication, research and/or training functions using PowerPoint® design and production skills.
Q U A L I F I C A T I O N S
• PowerPoint? production and design expert
• Created presentations for the City of Chicago’s Olympic bid to the United States Olympic Committee for the 2016 Olympics
• Corporate event experience, including creating/running presentations for crowd sizes up
to 2000 people
• Extensive career in Fortune 500 business communication, corporate communications, marketing communications. Developing presentations for marketing, sales, training and research applications, serving domestic and international customers
• Started company with PowerPoint clients worldwide
• Experienced with all aspects of multi-media production including project development
W O R K H I S T O R Y
2006 - Present PowerPoint? Specialist – Formed www.pptmd.com
o Presentation development for companies worldwide
o On-site show production for corporate events across the US
o Provide presentation design/production for clients including, McDonald’s, City of Chicago, OfficeMax, Motorola, Nalco Company, Boomm Marketing
o Experienced freelancer through Aquent, Creative Circle, 24Seven and others
2004 - 2006 Key Account Manager, American Business Graphics
o Manage 5 Chicago area accounts ranging up to $50,000
o Support president where necessary with fill-in support for client meetings and project management
o Production support for print and web design
1998- 2004 Computer Graphic Specialist, Nalco Chemical Company
o Solely responsible for presentation and multi-media consulting
and production supporting 700 people on Naperville campus and
7,000 people worldwide. Estimated ROI was $300,000/yr
o Planning, creation, setup and implementation of presentation materials
for business conferences
o Worked closely with CEO and upper management for 20 years on all presentation needs
o Created training modules and facilitated user groups for PowerPoint?
1981-1998 Senior Audio Visual Technician, Nalco Chemical Company
o Created company-wide in-house slide service production area using Genigraphics? and Harvard Graphics? and saving Nalco over $225,000
a year on outside services
o Managed AV production equipment for entire corporate headquarters (700 people) including training center.
o Media support in still photography, teleconferencing, video production
1980-1981 Audio Visual Technician, Foote, Cone & Belding
o Provided support for Account Executives with video production and equipment support
o Other duties included audio editing and multimedia production
A C C O M P L I S H M E N T S
• Created sole-proprietor company in 2006.
• Member of communication transition team through two major acquisitions. Involved with rolling out new logos and branding information to all employees
• Created online training modules for two major clients using PowerPoint and Articulate Studio
• Raised four wonderful children
• Active volunteer at Fox Valley Unity Church, Batavia, IL
A W A R D S R E C E I V E D
Nalco Chemical Company
• Research Team Award – 2003 (Given to top 10 research projects every year)
• 1st Quarter Customer Service Award - Watergy Services – 1998 (Group award given
twice a year)
• Quality Recognition Award for creation and management of Slide Service Bureau – 1997
(Company-wide award given twice a year)
• Quali-Key winner in Marketing Services Group – 1995
E D U C A T I O N
Bachelor of Science in Speech Communications, Northern Illinois University, 1980. Graduated Summa *** Laude.
S O F T W A R E S K I L L S
Expert in Microsoft? PowerPoint? and Adobe? Photoshop?. Working knowledge in Adobe? Premiere?, Adobe? Acrobat?
Samples of Work and references available on request.