Highly organized and detail focus Supervising Senior Accountant with track record of accurately and efficiently supporting overall accounting activities:
• Comprehensive knowledge of accounting and auditing principles, A/P , A/R, payroll, general ledger postings, invoicing, taxation issues, and regulatory compliance guidelines.
• Expertise in developing and delivering monthly, quarterly, and annual Profit and Loss statements and Balance Sheets for Management within strict deadlines.
• Keen ability to analyze cost controls, providing timely and frequent financial information that supports corporate goals and objectives.
• Proven ability to identify and implement improvements to streamline processes and increase efficiency and productivity.
Quick Books, Microsoft Office Suite (Works/Words, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, Windows 95-2007, Windows Millennium Edition, C+, SAP, Blackboard, VisiFlow, Livelink, IBS, Dynamics/Solomon, General Dynamics Great Plains (GP10), PeopleSoft and ADP.
Walden University Baltimore, MD
Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) PHD 05/2016
• Concentration: Accounting
• Completed 1 part, other 3 parts schedule to take in the upcoming months.
American InterContinental University Hoffman Estates, IL
Master of Business Administration, 05/2009
• Concentration: Accounting and Finance
Seton Hill University Greensburg, PA
Bachelor of Science in Accounting, 05/2004
• Minor: Finance
Airlines Reporting Corporation (ARC) Arlington, VA
Accounting Manager -Full-Time 03/2011-Present
• Supervise a staff of three (2 Senior Accountants, 1 Staff Accountant and) monitor their work progress, provides status updates and ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
• Provides work direction and technical advice to less experienced financial accounting and/or support staff. Troubleshoots complex problems and advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine transactions.
• Prepares journal entries, maintains and reconciles multiple, complex or high impact general ledger accounts. Recommends improvements in methods, process or procedures.
• Analyzes and understands accounting information and provides explanations of varying balances to partner with divisional management to identify changes/ developments within each functional area.
• Understands accounting principles and operational needs. Analyzes researches and reconciles complex issues and inconsistencies as required.
• Analyzes current process and procedures to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality of work.
• Leads acquisition integration in general ledger area and collaborates with various functional areas (e.g. HR, Payroll, Revenue, AR, AP, etc.) to support overall goals and objectives.
Works with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitors and advises on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
• Perform monthly and quarterly activities in support of the financial close process including review of accounts receivable, review of collections and closing accounts receivable.
• Manage various audit schedules in preparation of internal and external audit activities.
• Performs duties in compliance with GAAP, company and department policies and procedures.
• A Monthly reconciliation of sales tax payable, inventory, flexible spending, capital leases, intangible assets, fixed assets, depreciation and amortization and rental equipment including review of the staff accountants’ entries and reclassing as necessary. Decreased monthly reconciliation time from 20 days to 5 days.
A&M Financial LLC Hyattsville, MD
Owner/Bookkeeping Manager-Part-time 06/2005-Present
• Post daily journals entries while maintaining chart of accounts
• Reconcile account to third party records i.e. bank statements, loan balances, credit card statements,
• Prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly management reports
• Reconcile physical inventory valuation reports with general ledger. Process vendor invoices and Expense reports daily. Prepare annual payroll reports including W-2s, 1099.
• Maintain employee personal and verify employees hours with managers
• Post daily sales batches including voids, Cash Receipts and credits/debit memos
• Reconcile accounts aging to the ledger, while tracking and collecting in-house charge amounts
• Responsible for review of staffs general accounting duties including; account reconciliation and analysis, Fixed Assets roll forward schedule, Internal Use Software(IUS) Capitalization, daily cash posting, Payroll, Accounts receivable, Accounts payable, review general ledger and post adjusting monthly journal entries pertaining to specific product transactions. Process weekly, Bi-weekly, Semi-monthly and monthly payroll.
Angels & Manners Academy LLC Baltimore/Hyattsville, MD
• Coordinate all aspects of the CDC including ensuring compliance with all applicable licensing, regulatory, and accrediting Determine safety, and maintenance and security requirements for the facility.
• Coordinate parent partnership plan including orientations, workshops, and parent groups, use of Parent Resource Room, newsletters, bulletin boards and class parent involvement activities.
• Hire, train and supervise professional and paraprofessional staff (interns & practicum students).
• Develop and supervise classroom program, curriculum and schedules to ensure best practices and developmentally appropriate practices. Oversee food service
Pacific Architects & Engineers, Inc. (PAE) A Lockheed Martin Company Arlington, VA
Finance Manager 06/2010-03/2011
• Compile and analyze financial information to record transactions, prepare financial reports, review and verify accuracy. Manage a team of 8 individuals; responsible for their quarterly reviews, and career growth.
• Maintain the records such as disbursements, expenses, tax payments and income.
• Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statements, consolidate financial statements, other accounting schedules and reports.
• Design, modify, install, and maintain accounting systems to ensure an adequate recognition of financial transactions.
• Responsible for communicating and processing 250+ employees’ payrolls on the CTSS contract. CTSS generate $10 million in revenue and it is a cost plus contract.
• Accountable for all of ATCALS 150+ employees ‘payrolls, corporate card, expense reports, and accounts receivable .ATCALS generate $5 million in revenue each year.
• NAMSA and VALIENT ANGEL combine have 50+ employees in which we process their payrolls, and monitor their corporate cards. These two contracts are fixed contracts therefore I am responsible for managing their P&L. Create monthly invoices and submit invoices for IBS billing. Enter expense Reports and other payables into Excel, then upload into Dynamics for posting.
• Process all AP checks, reconcile Cash accounts and enter payables into Citibank for payment and run AP checks.
• Manages 400+ employee increases/demographics/benefits updates into ADP/Payroll spreadsheet and complete expense reports.
Lockheed Martin Corporation Bethesda, MD
Accountant 07/2007 – 06/2010
• Prepared monthly/quarterly earnings for internal and external financial statements, work on releases of SEC 10K/Q filings, work with Mergers & Acquisitions group on the purchase accounting for all new acquisitions.
• Served as an Administrator/Process Owner/Tester for Sarbanes-Oxley-404 testing on these processes; Stock issue and Repurchase, Financial Statement and analysis and Stock Option.
• Prepared Audit work papers prior to auditors arrival, work paper included; Bank statement, bank account reconciliation, check register/canceled checks, a list of transactions in G/L, deposit slips, monthly treasury report , annual budget and any written treasury procedure or training material.
• Prepared bank reconciliation and account analysis monthly. Demonstrated shipbuilding planning and project management. Distributed cash ledger reports and collect cash confirmations; updated intercompany reconciliation logs.
• Processed Bank fees billing for all units quarterly. Processed daily bank deposits. Supported intercompany billing and IWTA process. Generated SAP reports and research vendor payments; search VisiFlow for invoices and documents; audited documentation; prepared communication and instruction billing as well assuring the forecasting is accurate. Monitored bank balances weekly.
• Interfaced with operating units on data submission and transaction inquiries. Prepared journal entries
• Compiled, adjusted and evaluated various accruals to ensure their accuracy
American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research Washington DC
Staff Accountant 12/2004 – 07/2007
• Prepared audit work papers, assist in preparation of annual audits and tax compliance. Prepared financial statements quarterly.
• Responsible for general accounting duties including; account reconciliation and analysis, review general ledger and post adjusting monthly journal entries
• Prepared fluctuation analysis of monthly operating results. Update monthly account reconciliations in support of ending asset and liability balances.
• Monitored general cash management, assist in wire transfers, reconcile prepaid accounts as well as deferred accounts. Monitor fixed assets and depreciation spreadsheet on a monthly basis.
• Also served as a backup for payroll and perform special duties as assigned by Controller, Assistant Controller as well as Accounts Payable Director.
References available upon request