I have an extensive record of accomplishment in providing high-quality editing and proofreading services as both a contractor and an employee. I have provided these services full-time as a contractor for seven years and as one of my job duties for previous employers. My attention to detail, high level of conscientiousness, knowledge of major style guides, and excellent understanding of English grammar make me an ideal editor and proofreader.
Throughout my editing and proofreading career, I have worked on a wide variety of documents in many different disciplines, including informal documents, business communications, website copy, student essays and papers, fiction, technical documents, and academic papers for publication. I am confident that, through my work, I have helped clients get jobs, attract customers to their websites, get better grades on college papers, get academic papers published in peer-reviewed journals, and improve their English writing skills. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to help your clients do the same.
Some highlights of my career are as follows:
• Worked full-time as an editor since 2007
• Copy-edited and proofread a wide range of documents, including academic papers, theses, dissertations, and book chapters in all subject areas, website content, and business documents, many written by clients whose first language is not English
• Designed, produced, edited, and formatted software user manuals
• Edited and maintained software requirements documents
• Wrote, edited, and formatted other types of technical documentation, including policy and procedure documents
• Documented work procedures
• Wrote, edited, and prepared information for institution-wide dissemination
• Increased knowledge of policies and procedures by researching them, rewriting them, and publishing them to the Internet
• Improved and streamlined customer service by documenting procedures and frequently asked questions on an Intranet
• Improved the quality of software user manuals by rewriting them to eliminate unclear or confusing language, creating style standards for them, and publishing them to the Internet
• Promoted website traffic by announcing changes and improvements to the target audience
• Improved internal organizational communication by writing timely and relevant newsletter articles
• Increased company profits and the sales and usefulness of textbooks by ensuring high quality in documents that allow educators to meet established teaching standards
With my extensive background and skills, I am confident in my ability to deliver high-quality work for you.