1194 Innes Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Contribute relevant teaching experience and educational background by accomplishing a goal of making students life time learners.
-BA in Fine Arts
- Founding teacher at the School of Arts & Enterprise.
-Won teacher of the year award at the School of Arts & Enterprise.
- Successfully organized and assisted over 15 community youth group projects for various non-profit groups and academic institutions.
-Painted murals throughout: Los Angeles County, San Bernardino County, Riverside County, San Francisco, Santa Cruz , the state of Hawaii and Mexico.
- Worked on the mural restoration of the Great Wall of Los Angeles, the longest mural in the world.
-Chosen muralist and PR person for Nescafe's first community beautification mural project.
- Guest artist at the Malcolm X. Jazz Festival in Oakland.
-One of the founding teachers at The School of Arts and Enterprise.
- Painted Riverside Community College's 1st mural.
- Organized and assisted the 9th grade student body from the School of Arts and Enterprise on Pomona's Iconic mural on 2nd St. where I'm featured in the piece.
- Commissioned to teach Art workshops and paint murals for: Institutions, Non-profits and Galleries throughout southern California. Such as: RCC, Plaza de La Raza, Self-Help Graphics, Talk Soup, Arts Bridge, Arts Corla, Wood Craft Rangers, Sparc, KGB Gallery, Kalaheo Teen Center.
-20 yrs. of experience painting murals
- Over 10 yrs. of experience teaching Art in non-profit and public settings.
-Over 5 yrs. experience subbing for LA District, Riverside, Perris and San Bernardino County.
- Ability to integrate any subject matter into art.
-Skillful with various mediums such as: Oils, Acrylics, Aerosol, Watercolor, Airbrush, Ink, Graphite.
- Physically and mentally able to produce murals of a large scale incorporating cultural aspects of its community.
• Commissioned to paint murals throughout California 2009- Present
• Art Teacher - Wilder's Preparatory Academy 2011-2012
• Feb 2010-Nov 2009 Art teacher at International Middle School
• March 2008 Painted beautification mural project for Nes Cafe with the East Los Angeles community
• june 2007- 4/2006 Taught Art at Berendo Junior High
• 3/2006-October 2005 Substitute teacher at Wimea and Kapaa High School in Kauai, HI
• July 2005-August 2003 - 9th grade Fine Arts teacher at The School of Arts and Enterprise.
• 2003-2001 Substitute Teacher for Moreno Valley, Perris and Riverside District.
• March 2002-Sept 2002 One of the five Founding Teachers who helped build the curriculum for Pomona Charter" The School of Arts & Enterprise".
• February 2000- July 2000 Harrison Elementary -Designed and taught 5th graders the history of Mural painting and along with the students created the school's first mural.
• February 2000-January 1999- 3rd grade Art teacher at Sunny Meadows Elementary School in Moreno Valley CA. Projects varied from designing puppets to(hepled build motor and instructional skills) to self portraits painting (which gave insight of each students interest/personality).
• 2001-1997 Arts Corla in Highland Park- Supervised instructors and lesson plans for after school non profit.
• February 1996-September 1995- 3rd & 4th grade instructional Aid at Sereno Elementary School in Moreno Valley, CA. I helped create and implement lesson plans and clarify assignments to ESL students.
Huffington Post-Article in my experience as an artist in the latino community, written by Sonya Fe 2012
Insubordinate Magazine - 2011
"Graffiti Women Street Art From Five Continents" by Nicholas Ganz-2007
Rime Magazine - Anniversary Issue 2004
ES Studios - 1/14
James Grey Gallery- 7/13
WE Earth- A Green Term Mr. President-Live Painting Show- 1/19/13
Machine Gallery - 11/5/13
Malcolm X Jazz Festival - 5/17/12
KGB Gallery-"El Velorio Show" 10/28/11
Aboriginal Dreamtime Gallery-6/30/11
Alta Lofts-Paint Factory Art Show 3/12/11
Maintain Art Gallery-
Hoover & Recording Center-5/2/11
May Day Festival-4/30
Crew West Gallery “Top of the Dome” Fall of 2010
Smoking Mirrors Gallery- "Callejeros" Spring of 2010
Mi Alma Gallery – Quilombo Arte Showcase Spring of 2010
SPARC Gallery – “The Confinement Of Street Art” 12/11/10
The Melting Pot Gallery “Gettas" Winter 2008
Self Help Graphics “Devine Feline” July 2007
All Access Music- 2013
Wilshire Media Group-2011
Ivy League Recording Studios-2010
Nes Café – Beautification mural at Plaza De La Raza 2008
Warner Bros. – I Am Legend release party backdrop 2007
Dickies Clothing Sponsorship 2004
-Alegria Cocina Latina - Long Beach 3/14
- Mezcal Cantina y Cocina - Riverside 2/14
-Immaculate Conception School Mural- Los Angeles 2013
-Wells Elementary- Riverside 2012, 2013
-The Great Wall of Los Angeles-Burbank 7/11- 10/11
-Watts Village Theater Company-Loteria Backdrop for play 7/11
-Riverside Community College - Riverside 2011
-Highland Elementary-2010, 2011
-Normandie Ave Elementary – Earth day murals 2010, 2011
-Wilshire Media Group – Los Angeles 2010, 2011
-Wilder’s Preparatory Academy – Inglewood 2009-present
-Manuel Arts H. S. - 2009
-Rosemary's Group Home - Pasadena 2009, 2010
-Sanchez Elementary – Rosemead 2009
-Max’s Cuisine - Azusa 2009
-Tender Care, Inglewood 2008
-Enlightenment Books and Gifts – Riverside 2007
-Sam’s Tattoo Shop - Hawaii 2006
-Kalahao Teen Center – Hawaii 2005
-Harrison Elementary - Riverside 2004
-Bills Wheels-Santa Cruz 2002
-Self Help Graphics-Homage To Siquieros Mural 2002
-El Sereno Community Gardens 2014
-Wilder’s Preparatory Academy 2013 - School of Arts and enterprise-Urban Art Workshop
- SAE-Intervention Workshop
-Manuel Arts H. S. 2012
UC Riverside March 2001- Sept. 1996 BA in Fine Arts
RCC 1995-1993 Concentration in Education with a minor in Spanish
June 1993- September 1992 Medical Assistant Certified