223-26 112 AVE QUEENS VILLAGE, N.Y 11429
516-668-2612 ? email@example.com ? www.flowcinc.com
Seeking a position in a corporate environment where my creative skills and abilities will contribute in the tremendous growth of the organization.
CEO & Founder, Corporate Event Planner ? 12-2010 - Present
Flow C Inc. Corporate Event Professionals ? 223-26 112 Ave Queens Village N.Y 11429
Responsible for managing events and ensuring deadline and budgets are adhered to. Direct coordination of all activities to prepare for the day of the event.
• Manage staff responsible for event coordination activities.
• Coordinate details of events such as conferences, weddings, birthdays, business meetings, employee appreciation events.
• Hire, train, and educate staff on proper event procedures.
• Calculate budgets and adjust when necessary
• Book venues and negotiate fees.
• Prepare invitations and send out at appropriate time.
• Hire bartenders and wait staff.
• Work with client to ensure all request are met.
• Analyze event performance and prepare metrics presentation.
• Define company brand through events.
• Ensure staff is adequately prepared for event
• Set up booths, flowers, decorations and other event décor
• Give final approval for items such as music and menus
• Ensure the day goes smoothly
Central Sterile Manager ? 2-1989 – 4-2013
North Shore LIJ Hospital @ Plainview ? 888 Old Country Road Plainview, N.Y 11803
Responsible for the administrative and management of the Central Sterile department. This includes responsibility for providing quality services, leadership, management, financial, and professional development of these areas.
• Direct interaction with supervisors and staff of the areas, establishing goals, monitoring and being in an advisory capacity: particularly in problem solving and inventory accuracy.
• Direct staff performance through interaction with staff, advising, monitoring, establishing and measuring goals and objectives.
• Directly maintains and / or works with appropriate team coordinators and staff to assess and determine instrument needs for the respective cases.
• Responsibility for budget, assistance with reducing and containing cost, review expense reports and provides summaries and justifications.
• Continuous monitoring, supporting and establishing achievable objectives with overall responsibility for organizing, planning and controlling supply and instrument processing distribution functions.
• Establish training program to prepare staff for certification and continuous education
• Work with the Operating Room and other areas to establish a workflow for OR Case Carts, Sterile Trays and other equipment necessary for patient care in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Coordinate weekly reviews within departments to maintain positive working relationships as well as quality patient care.
• Order and maintain instrument for trays and carts in Operating rooms and outside clinical patient care areas.
Material Management ? 2-1989 – 4-2013
North Shore LIJ Hospital @ Syosset ? 221 Jericho Turnpike, Syosset N.Y 11791
Responsible for managing purchasing and inventory in the healthcare setting. Plans and forecasts customer orders. Devises policies and procedures in the areas if procurement and inventory control.
• Purchase high-quality equipment
• Take stock of inventory.
• Consider best price, quality, availability, and reliability when purchasing products.
• Arrange for transport of equipment.
• Ensure material and parts in the supply chain meet the minimum requirements for quality assurance standards.
• Place purchase orders.
• Develop policies and procedures in the areas of procurement, inventory control, receiving, storage and distribution of supplies throughout the hospital.
• Interface directly with all departments in the hospital with regards to materials that have been requested to ascertain specification and need.
• Maintain adequate supply levels throughout the hospital.
• Maintain sources of emergency supply items from other health facilities and vendors
• Request proposals from various manufacturers and distributors for all supplies and equipment throughout the hospital
Central Sterile Tech ? 2-1989 - 4-2013
North Shore LIJ Hospital @ Syosset ? 221Jericho Turnpike, Syosset N.Y 11791
Responsible for preparing, installing, handling, and sterilizing healthcare instrumentation and equipment. Inspect equipment and instrumentation routinely for flaws and replaces if necessary.
• Examine medical equipment for malfunctions, leaks, loose parts, or general disrepair.
• Clean and sterilize instruments.
• Replace outdated supplies.
• Stock carts.
• Assemble equipment such as surgical instrument trays.
• Fill special requests.
• Report defective equipment to healthcare facilities.
• Use sterilizers, aerators, and washers to clean and sterilize medical equipment.
• Maintain inventory and equipment usage records.
• Operate and maintain steam autoclaves.
• Start equipment and observe gauges and equipment operation.
? Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
? Extensive knowledge of event planning in a corporate environment
? Knowledge of marketing and public relations.
? Extensive management experience.
? Excellent project management and organizational skills.
? Ability to manage time efficiently and handle multiple tasks.
? Experience Microsoft Office.
? Possess good negotiation and budget management skills.
? Self- Starter, Staff management with excellent interpersonal skills.
? Detail – oriented with ability to perform tasks under pressure.
High Scholl Equivalency – 09-1995
Purdue University / IAHCSMM Central Sterile ? Central Sterile Tech 4-1999
? Long Island Chapter – Central Service Certificate 3-1998 7 3-1999
? Angel Power Holding Women in Business / Angel Entrepreneur Award 3-2014
North Shore LIJ Golf Outing / Casino Night
Mount Moriah AME Singles Ministry Conference
Women of Worship Retreat
Health Expo Conference
Flora McIness / Central Sterile & Material Management Director
North Shore LIJ Hospital Health System
Flow C Inc. Corporate Event Professionals, Reference upon request.