Freelance Graphic Designer
Kutztown, Pennsylvania • 2013 – Present
Responsible for completing various freelance design assignments including creation of a bi-monthly printed newsletter for a lawyers’ association and design of various logos.Responsible for the coordination and production of a variety of graphics products and services. Prepare and estimate costs, coordinate graphic production and reproduction by service bureaus. Assemble final layouts for printing and provided graphic design for website.
Benedictine Monastery of Christ in the Desert, Santa Fe, New Mexico • 2009 – 2013
Formulated and executed strategic fundraising plans to secure revenue for 270-acre
monastery. Managed variety of fundraising activities such as direct mail campaigns, grant proposal writing, obtaining endowments, and prospecting for major donors.
Organized and hosted fundraising events.
• Enabled upgrade of water treatment facility, renovation of abbey church,
and installation of handicap accessible ramp, successfully raising +$250K in
• Expanded scope of funding from single stream to nationwide donors and
prospects, building strong networking channels with financial and legal
professionals across US.
Liturgical Press, Collegeville, Minnesota • 2003 – 2008
Senior Graphic Designer (Editorial)
Designed table books and covers for religious and spiritual publications and materials with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop on Apple Mac OS. Collaborated with creative team, internal account team, and clients. Assisted photographer including providing creative input for photo shoots. Participated actively in press checks. Mentored designers such as staff, freelancers, and interns.
• Developed and translated creative solutions into a variety of scholarly and
personal publications, cds, posters.
• Designed covers to numerous books such as: Collegeville Ministry Series •
Saint Johns at 150: A Portrait of This Place Called Collegeville • Hear, O
Heavens and Listen, O Earth • Psallite: Sacred Songs for Liturgy and Life
• Created multiple engaging communications, partnering with internal business partners on creative processes.
• Maximized quality and aesthetic appeal of projects, performing digital
retouching, color corrections, image manipulations
Ketchum Public Relations, Washington, DC • 1998 – 2002
Oversaw and led all phases of creative, production, and business development processes for global PR firm specializing in marketing, branding, and corporate communications; spanned from client meetings to concept development, final draft approval, and team management. Pitched and managed multiple client accounts concurrently.
• Led and/or single-handedly developed custom designs for clients including,
but not limited to, media kits, business proposal layouts, corporate identity projects, media templates, and marketing packaging and covers.
• Played active role in ongoing enhancement of company’s intranet site including modifying existing design elements, creating web graphics, maintaining site, and managing content.
• Conceptualized and successfully developed numerous creative visual concepts for online sites, print materials, and PowerPoint presentations.
• Outperformed client expectations on consistent basis, delivering highly creative projects on-time and within budget which contributed actively to client success.
• Volunteered for 100% of special projects, actively seeking maximum knowledge, skills, and inspiration.
Beth Singer Design, Washington, DC • 1996 – 1998
Senior Graphic Designer
Led creative strategy, design, and project management for multiple clients such as advocacy groups, government, health organizations, educational institutions, museums, cultural groups, associations, and corporations. Oversaw and coordinated creative services team comprised of designers, photographers, and copywriters. Planned and managed budgets. Forged and managed vendor relationships.
• Produced corporate identity designs for numerous high-profile clients.
• Developed environmental designs for multiple events and trade shows.
• Provided onsite location and studio art direction for multitude of digital
• Honored with multiple awards and publications such as annual AIGA/Graphic Design USA Award, American Corporate Identity Award, AIGA 50 Award
Print Regional Award, and American Association of Museums.
BFA - Graphic Design
Philadelphia College of Art
Diploma in Italian Language Studies
University for Foreigners of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
American Institute of Graphic Artists
Graphic Artists Guild
Type Directors Guild
Adobe Creative Suite 6 (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
Quark Express 9
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
PC & Mac OS